Danbury Map correction request

Post by glercara
When driving east bound on I84 and taking exit 2, waze will not route to New State road (no right turn is allowed). The segment is shown as white and it used to be fine months ago. If I ignore the waze request to turn left after the exit and instead turn right on New State road, it asks to make a U-turn but will eventually correct itself once New State feeds into Milestone Road (about 300ft). The segment is locked at level 4 on November 18, 2016 by AndyPoms(6) and I'm only a lowly level 1.
glercara

POSTER_ID:5558983

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
If you look at the CT DOT Map of that area, you will see those roads don't appear on the map - that is the primary indicator that they are NOT PUBLIC ROADS. Those roads are part of a PRIVATE CAMPUS named The Matrix Corporate Center (formerly owned by Union Carbide).

As such, those roads are set to private in Waze. Waze will only use Private Roads if your destination is within that private complex & you will be routed around it if it is not.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by glercara
Ok, got it, it may be a private road but is accessible and I'll continue to use it. Thanks for your reply, at least now I know.
glercara
Send a message