Cannot edit my house number

Post by mattskimz
Hi- totally new to everything editing here. I just moved to a new house ...28 senator drive cromwell ct ...when friends and family try and use waze to navigate there, they get sent to another street. House has been there for 15yrs so not sure why its getting mixed up. The house is set back on a cul de sac, but its not even getting them to the cul de sac.

I tried editing myself thu WME but i get an error that says "You cannot edit this segment. You may only edit segments in your driving area." I'm guesing my permissions arent high enough? Can anyone help?

(BTW- sorry if this isnt the right forum)
mattskimz

POSTER_ID:17580372

Send a message

Post by Jallen
Welcome to Waze map editing!

I've gone ahead and added your house number and a residential place point which, once the changes have been uploaded in a couple days should take care of the navigation issue.

If you'd like to edit in Waze Map Editor (WME) you are more than welcome, we can use all of the help we can get in CT. Here is a slideshow on editing, it's very informative and easier to navigate than Wazeopedia which can be overwhelming at times. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... 8aee3_5_48.

Also, check out the CT page https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Connecticut, we have some CT specific information which will help when editing maps as well as give you an idea on what our editing priorities are.

Waze editors are standardizing on using Discord as a communications platform, so you can see what editors in other states (or countries) are discussing as well as a focused view of CT. All you have to do is create an account, you can opt to use it as an independent app (on your computer or mobile) or through the browser. Let me know if you create an account, we have a great group of very helpful editors in the NE Region and I'll introduce you! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

Thanks again for your help and don't hesitate to reach out of you have any questions.

--Jay.
Jallen
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by mattskimz
Jay,

Thanks for all the help and useful information. I will definitely give editing a try and those links look very helpful!

thnx,
matt
mattskimz
Send a message

Post by mattskimz
Jay, me again :? ... for some reason waze still not navigating people to the right street/address. when you look at the WME do you see any issues that would cause that?
mattskimz
Send a message

Post by SNYOWL
You will not get the updated edits that Jallen entered unless you delete that drive from your app, including any preset favorites like home, etc. If you did not do that, try deleting and then reentering that destination and see if you are navigated correctly.
SNYOWL
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message