Erroneous Speed camera

Post by LimeyRat
Sometime in the last week or two I've been seeing alerts for a speed camera at this intersection.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=31743068

Coming off Rt 78 West onto US 22 and approaching New Brunswick Ave there's an alert as you approach the traffic lights that there is a speed camera. There is no speed camera, they are not legal in New Jersey. The live map doesn't reflect the camera. I've hit "Not there" multiple days, doesn't have any effect.

The red light cameras are present but correctly identified in the map as disabled.
LimeyRat

POSTER_ID:16848440

Send a message

Post by LimeyRat
Thanks for that!
I'm only Level 2 so I can't disable it.

I'll post an unlock request.
LimeyRat
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
This is the link to all authorized red light cameras (RLCs) in New Jersey:

http://www.nj.gov/transportation/refdat ... 041513.pdf

There are no ticket-issuing speed cameras/detectors/sensors/etc. anywhere in the state, as they are not allowed. Also, please do not mark the things you see around the state that measure and display your speed as speed cameras. By state law, they cannot issue or be used to issue tickets, so they should not be included in Waze.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
Only delete them if you are absolutely certain they don't apply. I'm not sure they can be re-added via WME or Live Map, so re-adding something removed in error would require someone to actually report it from on-site.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PleaseDriveFast
Hi LimeyRay,

The function of "Not there" only applies to countries outside of the US and Canada.

To disable the camera, a map editor will need to access the camera and un-approve and delete the camera. I've copied the permalink for accessing the camera here, but I do not have editing rights for the area. Otherwise, I'd take care of it.

If you don't feel confident about editing, you can post a topic in the US Update and Unlock Forum here. Make sure to read the stickies and follow the instructions for posting an update request.

Feel free to reach out with any question and happy wazing!
PleaseDriveFast
Send a message

Post by PleaseDriveFast
From a clean-up perspective, the wiki states that unapproved cameras are removed in about 3 weeks. Is it still convention to let these cameras delete or should we as editors/AMs be removing them.
PleaseDriveFast
Send a message