Speed Limits

Moderators: orbitc, PhantomSoul

Re: Speed Limits

Postby PleaseDriveFast » Wed May 18, 2016 3:44 pm

As an update to our SL initiative, I wanted to give you some progress in our state. When Waze first provided the USA a tracker indicating how each state is progressing, we had a total score of 42.3 out of 100. This was thanks to the North Jersey editors jbutz, aBshield and skbernard.

As of this week, we have increased that score by approximately 10 points to 52.1. This is in large part due to the our Central Jersey local editors focusing on Mercer, Middlesex and Monmouth Counties. I just wanted to give a kudos to mrsmith, njmedic, antgoesmarching, dhschneider and chopper7, with special thanks to mrsmith and antgoesmarching for taking a lead role in those counties.

I also want to give a shout-out to jreed and jhfi working near the Camden County area on SLs. Keep up the great work and let's try to get over 60 by Memorial Day Weekend!
State Manager: NJ | Multi-State Manager: DE, NY, PA | Wazing the Raritan Valley.

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
For New Editors | For NJ Editors
PleaseDriveFast

Postby qwaletee » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:59 pm

Update: NY in already imported. NJ is partway through import. If you see a segment with an unchecked "verified" box next to the SL field, that means it was imported but not verified. Please try to find out teh real speed of such a segment, and then correct or verify it. Once you save any change to SL, the verified box shoudl not even appear as an option (it only shows for unverified imported data).
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Location: NYC Metro - Active throughout NE^2 (Northeast & New England)

Postby qwaletee » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:19 pm

I don't think there is any guidance that would prevent option 3. Also note that currently, Waze uses SL data ONLY for having the app warn you that you are exceeding the limit. There's no historical aspect or use of SL to calculate segment transition time that we know of.
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby qwaletee » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:45 am

A little too complicated, especially for the benefit. Certainly drop 2a, why is it necessary? And why create cutoffs based on great reductions in speed versus minor ones? Usually, those are posted anyway, and for true turns, drivers will have to drop (typically drivers take turns under 20mph).
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Previous

Return to New Jersey