R3 Editors Can Add Closures

Post by PleaseDriveFast
For R3s, closure editing rights have been given to you for segments R3 or lower.

Please make sure to work with you SM team on long term or daily repeating closures. You should continue to use the closure form and indicate in comments the source and whether you have closed the segments in WME.

We also recommend you drop a Live Map Update Request with the [CLOSURE] tag for the duration of the closure indicating timeframe and/or source of information.

Please use this thread for any questions or our Google Hangout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PleaseDriveFast

POSTER_ID:16599649

Send a message

Post by mrsmith66
Agreed. I know Bergen from growing up there years ago (Tenafly specifically). But I'm not sure how useful I'll be without the ability to add the closure aside from watching 511.
mrsmith66
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by PleaseDriveFast
A quick update and request for all editors in our state. Both PhantomSoul and I have been looking at past URs and feel we have an opportunity to help reduce the number of URs by making sure we're adding and removing closures in a timely fashion, particularly in Bergen and Hudson counties.

With the state transportation funding in disarray, construction notices are often updated at the last minute to either delay or start a project.

While we recognize few have editing rights in those counties, we can do a part to help all Wazers in our state. If you would like to help, we ask that you:
-Monitor 511NJ.org, the NJ DoT website, and your local county and municipal websites
-If you find a closure notice, add it to the map if you can or submit a closure request with the source document/link

Let us know your thoughts, and if you'd like to help by investigating areas outside your normal editing path.
PleaseDriveFast
Send a message