Southbound NJ Turnpike Truck lanes are *NOT* closed

Post by JodyByram
Waze thinks SB turnpike truck lanes are closed just south of RT 9. I've driven through at full speed two days in a row at 5:PM or so, so it's not closed. Waze routed me off the turnpike and then back on again, trying to get me to take the cars only lanes. Should have routed me through the nearby rest area to do that!

GPS Coords -74.291, 40.537

Great app....I love it, except for that...
JodyByram

POSTER_ID:17365796

Send a message

Post by JodyByram
Thanks for looking into this.. It seems to have fixed itself.

The road was indeed closed with a candy stripe indicator both days, but I was unable to downvote this "on the fly", like I can do for other alerts, like I can for stopped vehicles alerts that have driven away and are no longer there. Is there a way to do that for erroneous road closure alerts?
JodyByram
Send a message

Post by mrsmith66
There are a series of URs posted in the evening on 6/22 and 6/23 stating that the road was not closed. All show the driver on the truck lanes, in some cases the Waze route was on the car lanes. Times from 16:51 through 07:xx.

Here's the PL: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... s=57677853

I don't see any closures on this segment.
mrsmith66
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
There are no known construction-based closures on the Turnpike at 5:00 PM on any day of the week. Was Waze showing the truck roadway with the "candy-stripe" highlight used to indicate a road closure, or was Waze simply not routing you into the truck lanes?
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
If the closure was entered through the editor interface you cannot down vote it. However, you should be able to just drive it anyway, which automatically downvotes it.

My guess is there was a mix up that day with the times of the closure. Either human in reporting and uploading (possibly even my own - frankly I don't remember anymore) or by the various systems, perhaps confusing time-zone translations. We'll try to be more careful in the future, at least about the human error part.
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message