Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Fixing "Missing Parking Lot Place" auto identified problems

Post by Jkapp
Hi,
I get a lot of value out of Waze, so I want to give back by helping with map edits. Looking around my home I see a lot of cases where Waze automatically identies a "Missing Parking Lot Place" problem, such as: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... %2F2602150.

After reading the WME manual and Wazeopedia pages on Parking Lot Areas, I created a PLA for this parking lot following, what I believe, was the correct setup. After waiting a few days, I believe my edit was rejected.

Should I not create PLAs for the locations that WME identifies with this problem? Are there other, higher value, ways I can contribute?

Thanks very much.
Jkapp

POSTER_ID:4718507

Send a message

Post by dhschneider
Thanks for posting! PLAs are a great thing to add to the map. Why don't you go ahead and create it again and reply to this thread. I'll take a look and either approve it or we can talk about any improvements. Many of the NJ editors communicate via google hang out - there is a link to join the group on the NJ Wazeopedia page ( https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Ne ... #Community )

Looking forward to hearing from you
Dave
dhschneider
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by dhschneider
Thanks - I approved it.
A few suggestions we are following right now
- Where possible we like to include a good descriptive name (which you did) and also and address for the parking lot, so here I would suggest adding this address to the lot -> 1738 SR-31, Clinton
- On the More info tab a few suggestions:
1) the Wazeopedia page notes that if you don't mark the lot as "public" it won't be suggested to phone users when searching for a PLA. So we have been marking lots like this as public instead of Restricted.
2) we have been checking the "cars can exit when lot is closed (when appropriate)
3) you should mark the cost (normally free)

Other than that it looks great. If you update the PLA as above and let me know I'll approve those updates!

Dave
dhschneider
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Jkapp
I just added a PLA here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... 447&zoom=6

Please let me know if I can improve how I'm doing this.

Thanks very much.
Jkapp
Send a message

Post by PhantomSoul
From what I can see while mobile, the above looks good [emoji106]

Let's remember to use the restricted type for lots that are for a particular place - I.e. Lots you can only park in if you're going to a particular place. The only exception is if larger places like big malls, for example, have multiple lots to park in. In this case, we need to make them public (for now) to advise people which lit to park in.

Thanks for your help! [emoji2]
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by tarrc
Should we go ahead and also mark the missing PLA as Solved? I've read a few places that say leave it and other's have asked that it be solved?
tarrc
Send a message

Post by unlimited1808
If you've added the parking lot to suggested standard, the missing parking lot map problem can be closed as solved.
unlimited1808
Send a message