One way Parking Lot Enter/Exit

Post by Hal-
I added a parking lot.. it has a one way parking lot road... I added a point for the exit, and can't see how to make it "exit only" and I can't add a second point to make the entrance. I've tried a few times.. added and deleted... and now am afraid I might be just making a mess of the Map.

it looks like my parking lot might have been rejected... I've also made a bunch of changes to the parking street as it's now one way and I was routed passed the building and into the exit to get to my destination.

I also added a place there.

https://www.waze.com/editor?lon=-74.655 ... 787&zoom=7

Not sure what I did wrong with the Parking Lot...
Hal-

POSTER_ID:16793914

Send a message

Post by Hal-
Well, I did searching of the various FAQ/Wiki/Etc and found myself more confused- so I did my best. I will look at the links provided and join the Discord server.
Hal-
Send a message

Post by Hal-
I've looked at most of those- but not all- I also can't seem to get the link to work to join the discord chat- it keeps opening up blank.. I'll look into that when I get home I guess.,
Hal-
Send a message

Post by Hal-
I keep getting "This instant invite is invalid or has expired"- being new to discord I am not really sure what to do from there.
Hal-
Send a message

Post by Hal-
That got me on the server and I could find #new_jersey

Thanks!
Hal-
Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Well, for starters, places (area or point places) can only have one stop point at this time.
Consider the stop point as the exact spot Waze is trying to route you to. You can have a point place sitting on the actual building, for example, and put the stop point over on the main driveway in to that building so Waze says "you've arrived" when you turn off the street onto said driveway.

When I follow your permalink I see two area places for parking lots, both of which are yet to be approved by a higher-level editor and both of which need work.
Have you reviewed the Wazeopedia on Parking Lot Areas? You'll see there's quite a bit of missing information from the ones you created.

Also, the new road you've added to the area is creating a two segment loop, and is actually unnecessary per the parking lot road guidelines.

You were probably routed past the building and into the exit lane of the parking because either the place point's stop point or the address marker is in the wrong location.
The only time you'll be routed to a parking lot itself is if it's a) mapped and b) you choose it when selecting a route.

Unfortunately, this particular spot is just a hair outside my editable area.
Join us on the NOR Discord Server in the NJ Channel and we'll hook you up with someone who can walk you through making this Parking Lot Area as well as the Parking Lot Roads and the Place Point functional!
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message