Correct map navigation - Millburn NJ Hobart Ave

Post by larryd517
Waze navigates drivers seeking to head west from Hobart Ave. to "make right on Route 124”, which is technically correct.
Hobart Ave. comes to a mini fork intersection, the right turn from Hobart Ave leads to Wayside Ave., drivers staying on Hobart take the left fork (Wayside is one way with a do not enter sign). Drivers need to travel another 10 yards to the left before hitting the intersection for Route 124, where they will make the Waze directed right turn.
It’s really not a fork, but drivers are instructed to make right turn, which can be confusing (my Uber driver was confused)
Since it’s so close, the announcement for the right on Route 124 is made before reaching the mini fork intersection.
At the red arrow, waze should say "stay to the left, then make a quick right turn right on 124

https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=17&la ... =-74.34689
larryd517

POSTER_ID:3764961

Send a message
Attachments

Post by larryd517
Thanks, I'll check tomorrow.
larryd517
Send a message

Post by larryd517
Hey, I just checked this morning. Waze said "...turn left on Hobart Ave, then turn to the right ... ".
Driver is already on Hobart Ave and there isn't a street sign indicating an intersection of Hobart Ave. and Hobart Ave., so this might be a little confusing.
Is there an alternate command such as "stay to the left", "the road continues to the left", or simply "continue on the left" instead of "turn left on Hobart?"
I realize this is a minor item, but I'm trying to view this through the eyes of someone lost.
Thanks!
larryd517
Send a message

Post by larryd517
Okay, thanks, appreciate your prompt and thorough handling of this (extremely trivial) item :)
larryd517
Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Thanks for reaching out!
I've fixed the lack of instruction for the turns to/from Hobart Ave - the geometry was causing the map to thinks the maneuver was closer to 'straight'.
Please give a couple days for things to cycle to the live map.
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Since there is a street sign on that small segment at the intersection of it and SR-24 that says "Hobart Ave", and tax maps make it seem like it's part of Hobart Ave, I'm going to leave things as-is for now.
Continue/Stay left instructions will include street names just as a "turn left" does.
Removing the name entirely will cause other issues with instructions both coming and going.

Thanks!
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message