Entire town needs revision

Post by rexellent
Looking to somehow contact my local or regional Champ through the forums as suggested by Waze in response to a feedback report I submitted for map issue. The issue is as follows (in the most basic terms): Leonia, New Jersey is located next to the George Washington Bridge leading to NYC. A few months ago the town (Borough) of Leonia made legal arrangements to ban any driver from driving within city limits if they did not live in Leonia or have their final destination in Leonia. They succeeded in doing so and was effective from the early morning rush hour until 9PM 7 days a week. The rule was immediately implemented (correctly) by Waze and it caused drivers to navigate around the streets that were part of the ban. However, as of August 31st 2018, a State Superior Court Judge has struck down and eliminated this ban entirely. Please update the map/app to allow everyone to get the amazing directions Waze was designed to give since the ban is no longer in effect. Can find this info if you Google Leonia, NJ Ban Lifted (not going to post link since I don't think most offices allow random links to be opened on work PCs). The reason I am trying to have it change back to before the ban is because it impacts 10's of thousands of commuters daily, myself not included. Although I am a resident of the town, and while I obviously don't like the extra traffic the cutting through causes, it's not right to impact so many peoples commutes over some traffic in a town with less residents than a small college has on it's campus. Thanks for any feedback and unfortunately I have no way to list exactly which streets are affected because it is the ENTIRE town. To the best of my knowledge, the ONLY roads that were not part of the ban were Fort Lee Road, Grand Ave and Broad Ave. Every other road was part of the ban. Thanks once again!!!
rexellent

POSTER_ID:17600830

Send a message

Post by mrsmith66
Thanks for your report.

This issue is being dealt with at the highest levels of volunteer editing and by Waze staff. Your input will be added to the mix.

I don't know when we'll have a resolution.

@mrsmith66
State Manager, NJ
mrsmith66
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by orbitc
rexellent wrote:Looking to somehow contact my local or regional Champ through the forums as suggested by Waze in response to a feedback report I submitted for map issue. The issue is as follows (in the most basic terms): Leonia, New Jersey is located next to the George Washington Bridge leading to NYC. A few months ago the town (Borough) of Leonia made legal arrangements to ban any driver from driving within city limits if they did not live in Leonia or have their final destination in Leonia. They succeeded in doing so and was effective from the early morning rush hour until 9PM 7 days a week. The rule was immediately implemented (correctly) by Waze and it caused drivers to navigate around the streets that were part of the ban. However, as of August 31st 2018, a State Superior Court Judge has struck down and eliminated this ban entirely. Please update the map/app to allow everyone to get the amazing directions Waze was designed to give since the ban is no longer in effect. Can find this info if you Google Leonia, NJ Ban Lifted (not going to post link since I don't think most offices allow random links to be opened on work PCs). The reason I am trying to have it change back to before the ban is because it impacts 10's of thousands of commuters daily, myself not included. Although I am a resident of the town, and while I obviously don't like the extra traffic the cutting through causes, it's not right to impact so many peoples commutes over some traffic in a town with less residents than a small college has on it's campus. Thanks for any feedback and unfortunately I have no way to list exactly which streets are affected because it is the ENTIRE town. To the best of my knowledge, the ONLY roads that were not part of the ban were Fort Lee Road, Grand Ave and Broad Ave. Every other road was part of the ban. Thanks once again!!!
Thank you for your post. We are aware of the ruling and the appeal regarding these restrictions in Leonia. We are working on a solution and will implement it soon.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by rexellent
That's terrific, thanks so much for the speedy reply. Figured you'd be aware but also figured it was super simple to fix. Seems a bit more in depth than I imagined. Thanks for your hard work guys/gals. App really works great in this area and couldn't be happier!
rexellent
Send a message