Bayonne road closure

Post by spaceclick
Last time I was in Bayonne, NJ on West 1st Street (October 19th), part of the road was closed. I was wondering if someone could add a road closure on the map for this section?

The section in question is West 1st street between Avenue A and Kennedy Boulevard.

I am not sure exactly where the closure is, but it starts close to Avenue A, and you cannot get from Avenue A to Kennedy Boulevard by traveling on West 1st Street, a large section is blocked off.

I had to turn around on Avenue A and go back (I think) to West 3rd street to get over to Kennedy Boulevard. I think Gertrude St. may have also been blocked, but I am not sure.

I plan on being back there on Sunday (the reason why I remembered this problem), but probably won't be able to investigate it much, as I will be with other people. Maybe someone in the area knows about this closure and can provide more details? It didn't look like a short term closure, so I suspect it is still closed, but not sure.
spaceclick

POSTER_ID:15493587

Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Unfortunately we can't add in an open-ended closure without an end date.
You can always use the Closure feature under the Report button from your app to mark sections closed in real-time and force your app to recalculate.

I've checked the Bayonne city website and facebook page, as well as the Bayonne OEMS facebook page and can't find any published closure information. I don't see anything published in the 511 nor Transcom systems either.
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by spaceclick
Thanks for the chat on discord. We found that the closure of these two roads are mentioned on the Bayonne website and NJMedic2535 was able to mark them as closed on the map.

http://www.bayonnenj.org/Articles/Read.aspx?id=1435

Thanks again for your help!
spaceclick
Send a message