Destination address issue

Post by djdeito
When I searched for “515 Allwood rd Clifton NJ” I was routed to the middle of the street of Allwood rd even though this address is for a CVS store located at a shopping plaza. However, when I searched for “CVS 515 Allwood rd Clifton NJ” then I was routed to exactly where this CVS store is located in the shopping plaza. Is this normal or something is wrong in the Waze routing servers? How can we fix this?
djdeito

POSTER_ID:17602197

Send a message
Level1

Post by djdeito
krzycholub wrote:Hi Djdeito,

Problem seems to be corrected 8-) - tested from my app and directions going to the right spot.
Please remove any instance of this address from your history and favorites by tapping the '3 dots' and then 'remove from history'. If you don't remove the old results from your navigation or favorites, you will continue to be routed to the old coordinates.
Then search for the address again to verify functionality.
Hello krzycholub,

i followed your suggestion to remove any instance of this address but problem still there. i also logged out and in to the Waze app. Give this a try, search for "515 Allwood rd Clifton NJ" on your Waze app and tap on "Overview" then zoom in to the destination area. You will see that the stop point is at the middle of "Allwood rd" whereas, if you search for "CVS 515 Allwood rd Clifton NJ" you will be routed to the actual location of this CVS store in the parking lot segment.
djdeito
Send a message
Level1

Post by djdeito
Destination is now in the correct spot in the parking lot segment. Thank you.

There are other stores in Lakeview Plaze in Lakeview Avenue Clifton that have the same destination issue. is this something that can be fixed all together or will it have to be fixed as wazers report them?
djdeito
Send a message
Level1

Post by krzycholub
Hi Djdeito,

Problem seems to be corrected 8-) - tested from my app and directions going to the right spot.
Please remove any instance of this address from your history and favorites by tapping the '3 dots' and then 'remove from history'. If you don't remove the old results from your navigation or favorites, you will continue to be routed to the old coordinates.
Then search for the address again to verify functionality.
krzycholub
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message
Last edited by krzycholub on Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by NJMedic2535
Waze assumes that house numbers have stop points on the road in question. This makes sense in a residential area - routing ends at the mailbox and you know you're there.
This makes less sense in a shopping center.
Place Points navigate to the nearest segment of any kind - in this case the CVS point routes to the parking lot road near the front door.
There *is* a tweak we can to in order to get the street address routing sensibly - I'll get that taken care of later when I'm at a computer.
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Hello again!
We put our heads together and found there was an intermittent issue with routing there via address.
We've made a couple changes and now neither of can manage to replicate the issue (so we think it's fixed!).

Would you please remove the address from your app history and saved places and search once again to refresh the data?
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by NJMedic2535
Anyone navigating by street address (unless they saved it before we made the fix) should be ok.

Any particular stores that don't route right when searching by name you can let us know about here.

Thanks!
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message