Adding Unnecessary Steps to Daily Commute

Post by audrey_2
I've been traveling the same commute essentially every weekday for 5+ years, but in the last three weeks, Waze has suddenly decided that I no longer deserve to drive directly to my office in NJ. Now, it directs me to the intersection one block away from the office entrance (which is its own traffic light, with a directional signal - not a difficult intersection) and tells me to hang left, drive about a mile out of the way, out and around, so I can enter the parking lot from the opposite side. I thought perhaps the left turn was triggering a difficult intersection despite the traffic signal, so I toggled the "avoid difficult intersections" option off; this changed nothing. Every day for about three weeks now, I have ignored this unnecessary detour and driven straight from one traffic light to the next - there is never an accident, construction, an obstruction, or any other reason to avoid driving this way. And yet, when Waze recalculates based on my driving, it STILL refuses to direct me into my office - instead, it wants me to drive a quarter mile PAST my office, turn around in a side street, and enter from the opposite side. I have continued to drive my exact same 5+ year route, and every morning, Waze refuses to re-adopt my habits and continues to direct me a mile out of the way. As a result, I am not getting accurate mileage or travel time estimates for the most important trip of my day. I have tried deleting and re-downloading the app to ensure I have the most updated version; this made no difference other than deleting my history. I have reported this map issue through the app more than once, providing screenshots in addition to my explanation - Waze asked for details and then when I provided exact details (addresses and time of search), Waze directed me to submit a report through the app - which is exactly what I did to get in touch with Waze via email to begin with, so it's sending me in a neverending loop with no results. The other direction I was given was to post my issue here. I am getting very frustrated with Waze and am seriously considering deleting the app all together, since it's proving to be consistently UNRELIABLE for my daily commute. My patience is wearing thin. I appreciate any help you can provide to rectify this map issue.
audrey_2

POSTER_ID:17866784

Send a message

Post by audrey_2
I would rather not post that information in a public forum. Which is why I submitted this as a map error via the app, but the response team did not suggest such an issue. I can provide that information (again) privately.
audrey_2
Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Can you provide the address of the destination? Maybe someone added a turn restriction for entering the parking that shouldn't be there.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by xanderb
I moved this topic to New Jersey to give it more specific visibility. :)
xanderb
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message