Roads by EWR airport

Post by 6f56c54195a9486d9338e3f27ebcaf79
There are some back roads by EWR airport that are still incorrect on Waze maps. McClester street going north becomes Rangoon Street. Lyle King street does not exist. There is also a connecting point between Polaris street and bay Ave that does not exist either, there are just train tracks there. Google (sorry if this offends) has the updated example of this area.
6f56c54195a9486d9338e3f27ebcaf79

POSTER_ID:17925682

Send a message

Post by Be8el0ve
Thank you for the post. I personally drove this area this morning to check out your concerns. I could not find anywhere along the stretch of roadway between Corbin St and McLester St where they refer to it as Rangoon St. The way we have the stretch of roadway named, Lyle King St, is correct. There is actually a street sign on the traffic signal mast arm at the corner of Corbin St and Bay Ave (facing east and west) that names the roadway "Lyle King St". If I missed something today please let me know.

As far as the section of Polaris St between Bay Ave and S Bay Ave goes, we show it on the map as a private road with restrictions. Port Authority of NY-NJ is one of our public sector partners and they are okay showing it this way on our map. The road segment does have traffic cones on either side of the railroad tracks and is not intended for everyday use. Port Authority wants it there as an option or for emergency use. Hope I was able to shed some light on your concerns. Thank you.
Be8el0ve
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message