Incorrect directions to Bedford Group, Inc. Paterson NJ

Moderators: orbitc, PhantomSoul

Incorrect directions to Bedford Group, Inc. Paterson NJ

Postby KDNinja409 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Bedford Group, Inc 359 McLean Blvd, Paterson NJ 07513. Waze gives incorrect directions.

I would appreciate it if the directions to this business location can be corrected.

Even though the address of this company is correct and the pin is correctly placed, as you can see for some reason Waze always routes to the wrong place--the one next to Lowes, on the other side of the railroad tracks from Bedford Group.

Google maps also give incorrect directions.

The correct entrance to Bedford Group location is straight from the highway ramp, ( Rt20 north or McLean Blvd in Paterson, NJ) starting at the pin location 40.903222, -74.134255 and turning right from the ramp into the driveway.

I would appreciate your help in correcting the directions.

Thanks,
Kathy D.
KDNinja409
KDNinja409

Re: Incorrect directions to Bedford Group, Inc. Paterson NJ

Postby KDNinja409 » Sat May 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Thank you for your prompt response and fix!
I have also reported this problem to Google Maps Inc.
KDNinja409

Postby NJMedic2535 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:56 pm

Hello, Kathy!

I'm one of the volunteer editors for NJ.

The problem was that Waze (and Google, I assume) will navigate to the closest spot on a mapped road to any particular point.
In this case, Waze had no info for the address nor the place name so your app was using Google's database as a backup source. And Google's pin is closer to the next roadway (parking lot road) north.

I've added markers for the addresses and place points and I've added a small parking lot road connected to the ramp. Drivers will get a final "turn" instruction while on the ramp.

While place points go live in the app quite quickly, new road segments can take a few days or more to affect routing and appear on your device display.

Sometime later today please remove any instance of the address and/or place name from your app history, saved places and home/work locations. Then search again to refresh the data. Routing should at least be going to the ramp until that new road segment appears.

I'll check back later to verify the fixes!

BTW - edits in Waze do not affect routing in Google Maps at all. You'll have to report bad data via the Google Maps interface to get a fix there. (While Waze and Google Maps are owned by the same parent company, they're wholly separate entities and only share certain data via limited intellectual property agreements.)
Greg C.
State Manager for NJ
State Manager for WA

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager

Postby NJMedic2535 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:14 am

I just tested in my app, and it appears everything is working now!
Greg C.
State Manager for NJ
State Manager for WA

[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
NJMedic2535
State Manager
State Manager

Return to New Jersey