US-22 Bridgewater, NJ

Moderators: orbitc, PhantomSoul

Re: US-22 Bridgewater, NJ

Postby BlueHwy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:44 pm

This was Right. The segment shown as of Frontier Rd Ext does not (shouldn't) meet Thompson and is Chimney Rock as you had it, to cross 22 over new overpass to UPS depot etc.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-74.55904&lat=40.57571&zoom=4&layers=677&segments=76513395&env=usa
The westbound route has been returned to north position so your ramps can be connected as the auto alerts are noting.
The new 22E Express being built with RR right of way to return as well.
See details on pdfs... and can use as guide as planned completion nears in Spring
http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/CMS/Service/NJSOMER/NJSOMER_68/NJSOMER_68_64072.pdf
http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/CMS/Service/NJSOMER/NJSOMER_68/NJSOMER_68_64074.pdf
BlueHwy

Postby PhantomSoul » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:04 pm

I moved the US-22 W roadway to the spot indicated by the green line of the MPs here, since they suggest westbound traffic has been put on the new alignment. The MPs also suggest you can get to/from the part of Chimney Rock Rd north of US-22 along the new access ramps with US-22 W, so I connected those as well.

Can someone in the area take a drive by here and confirm that is the case? In the meantime, I will watch for further MPs and URs in this area.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Waze Editing Manual | USA Road Types | USA Forum
Cricket (AT&T) iPhone XR / iOS (latest) / Waze (latest/beta)
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

Postby PhantomSoul » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:05 am

We can take that old segment of Frontier Rd out once the aerial images show it to be permanently removed. Until then I think it's a good idea to leave it, disconnected, locked, and with the CONST ZN to avoid confusing any editors not familiar with the construction in the area.

Anyone else with any thoughts?
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
Waze Editing Manual | USA Road Types | USA Forum
Cricket (AT&T) iPhone XR / iOS (latest) / Waze (latest/beta)
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor

US-22 Bridgewater, NJ

Postby PleaseDriveFast » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:20 am

I've driven past here today and it looks like a bunch of the URs in the area are correct. There is a new Exit ramp with a BGS directing traffic to Frontier Rd and Chimney Rock Rd to the North. There is a bridge in process of being built spanning US-22.

Is anyone else familiar with the area? I've made some edits based on what I saw/remember and the URs listed, as noted below.

The ramps and road are now open, but I did not get a chance to drive it.I've added the Ramps and extension road connecting to the Frontier Rd Ext, since a few URs indicated the path they took. There doesn't appear to be a name yet so I just labelled them CONST ZN.

Additionally, there is a new traffic pattern which aligns with my Waze route at the image here. I've set-up the ramps to start and end where US-22 W should be.

Let me know your thoughts. Otherwise, I'll put in an unlock request to make the necessary edits. Thanks!
State Manager: NJ | Multi-State Manager: DE, NY, PA | Wazing the Raritan Valley.

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
For New Editors | For NJ Editors
PleaseDriveFast

Postby PleaseDriveFast » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:06 am

I just drove past there on Sunday and it is indeed correct. I had Waze on routing and it gave me the proper driving instructions based on your map edits.

You even have the bridge crossing 22 correctly. The only other edit that should be made is removing the Frontier Rd CONST ZN to the west (currently listed as elevation -5). There will be no foreseeable way to use this road as it has been torn up and built into a mound of dirt.

Thanks for the help!
State Manager: NJ | Multi-State Manager: DE, NY, PA | Wazing the Raritan Valley.

[ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
For New Editors | For NJ Editors
PleaseDriveFast

Return to New Jersey