Welcome to the Empire State!

Moderators: delilush, orbitc, PhantomSoul

Welcome to the Empire State!

Postby Spil » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:26 am

Not sure who requested or created this forum, but it's a great idea! Share your ideas, comments, and progress in making the New York State area of the Waze map the best that it can be!

Also, don't forget that NYS has a Wiki "to-do list" page also -- it's another way to help keep each other informed of where we're working and what we're doing. :)
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
[ img ]
Spil

Re: Welcome to the Empire State!

Postby Balfour_75 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm in Suffolk County, where the Sun first kisses the Empire State every morning...LOL
Balfour_75

Postby invented » Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi all

It seems as if no one is really cleaning up WNY, as when I peek over from my free-of-URs corner of Southern Ontario, it's a disaster zone of URs and problem areas.

For starters, I've brought the fact that Grand Island appearing underwater in the client to Waze's attention and they're going to look into it soon.

Also, the spurs of I- 90 around Buffalo are set as single-carriageway Two-Way freeways. I've never seen that, and some URs are popping up w.r.t. Waze trying to navigate users backwards up ramps and such as a result. I've split a small section of I- 190 between the Scajaquada and (about) Austin St to two carriageways and drastically cleaned up the phantom roads, phantom intersections with overpassed roads, ramps that were set to something else and unsigned, etc.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lon ... s=65852261

This example shows the existing I- 190 as a single primary highway above my edits.
invented

Postby Spil » Thu May 10, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks for the assistance there, northern neighbor! ;) I just reached "Country Manager" status last week, giving me free rein to work on those buggery problems just outside my regular area. I've started expanding my work toward Buffalo, but I'm still down in the southtowns right now (Hamburg/Orchard Park/West Seneca) and haven't made it up that far yet.

As for the import putting I-190 and others as two-way instead of two one-ways -- I've seen that in a few places, and have been working on correcting them as I go (portions of the Aurora Expressway being another nearby example of that). They definitely do need to be split as you're doing; for the naming, though, we're using "I-190 N" and "I-190 S" (with no space between the dash and the number ... that's not the way it was originally, but we're working on switching over to that way, as noted in the "NY To-Do Wiki" mentioned above).

Also, I don't know if you've found this site yet, but Upstate NY Roads has guides that provide assistance with exit naming for all of NY's limited-access highways.

Again, thanks for crossing the border and helping us out! :)
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
[ img ]
Spil

Return to New York