Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Holland Tunnel Ramps

Post by clubjuggle
I noticed the other day that the Holland Tunnel ramps were unnamed (I rarely use that crossing as I'm usually going to the UES). This made following the directions rather confusing as I had to watch the GPS screen while navigating the tunnel exits.

I've named all the ramps exiting the Holland Tunnel on the New York side, with the exception of this one, which is locked to a level 3. I'm a 2, but not an AM in this area so I can't override. Can someone with appropriate privileges (level 3 or higher, or an AM in the area) either rename this ramp to "Exit 1: State Rte 98 / West St" or unlock the ramp so I can do it?

Unlocking the ramp may be preferred, as all the others are currently unlocked.

Thanks,
~Terry
clubjuggle

POSTER_ID:4822775

Send a message

Post by clubjuggle
My pleasure! I was surprised no one had picked this up sooner and was glad to be able to take care of most of it. I was surprised when Waze gave me the ambiguous instruction it did. Fortunately I was familiar enough with the tunnel exit to be able to take a glance at the screen and "get it," but I wanted to make sure no one else had the same problem.

Thanks for the assist!
~Terry
clubjuggle
Send a message

Post by clubjuggle
xollob wrote:No problem. I corrected a typo too - West St is State Hwy 9A, not 98.

Cheers!
Thanks! Not sure how I didn't catch that; I do know it's 9A.
clubjuggle
Send a message

Post by xollob
Poof! Consider it done.

I'm an AM for Northern NJ, but the west side of downtown Manhattan is just inside my area.
Since I used to work on Greenwich St, and know this exit very well, I made the change for you.
Thanks for the labels, it does make more sense.

Cheers!

xollob
xollob
Send a message
Graham (xolloB)
AM - Northern NJ and Staten Island
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by xollob
No problem. I corrected a typo too - West St is State Hwy 9A, not 98.

Cheers!
xollob
Send a message
Graham (xolloB)
AM - Northern NJ and Staten Island
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png