Holland Tunnel West to NJ from Henry Hudson Pkwy Rt 9A South

Post by KramBam
I've been using Waze three days a week to drive from southern Westchester county to Jersey City, most frequently via the Henry Hudson Parkway - aka Rt 9A South. Every time I request multiple routes on my iPhone 4 client, Waze suggests either I95 West - (George Washington Bridge) or Lincoln Tunnel West. On several occasions I have ignored both and driven further south on 9A to take the Holland Tunnel West into Jersey City.

The odd thing is that when Waze is telling me to take the Lincoln Tunnel West and I ignore it, it carries on insisting that I turn back and take the Lincoln Tunnel. I would be happy to try to help fix the issue, if I could figure out what is causing it to go wrong.

Any suggestions?
:?
- MpK -
KramBam

POSTER_ID:2838999

Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Does it switch to the Holland Tunnel route at any point in the trip? It's possible that there's a lack of continuity somewhere in the route.

It also could be that Waze doesn't have enough data to know that your route is quicker. This can be achieved by ignoring the instruction and driving it a dozen times. However, if it gets the data and still thinks the other route is shorter, it's still going to keep suggesting the other way. It might suggest it in the other routes if you drive it enough times.

I'll try to troubleshoot it on Livemap and see if there's anything glaringly obvious. There are several area managers around there that will probably do a better job with it than I'll be able to. I'm sure they'll see this post and look into it also.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Ok...found the last two ramps that merge into the final ramp segment before it becomes a Freeway were restricted, going into the tunnel.

Give it a couple of weeks and it should start working.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message