I-684 Southern Terminus

Moderators: delilush, orbitc, PhantomSoul

I-684 Southern Terminus

Postby jeberhard » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm

I've been working on cleaning up I-684 with proper naming of each section and all on/off ramps.

I'm a little unsure what to do about the southern end where it meets the Hutch.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=3&lat ... TTTTTTTTFT

Technically I-684 S ends where the exit for I-287 is and the section continuing on to the Hutch is signed as Exit 1: Hutchinson River Pkwy S / New York City. Should I make that whole last section a ramp so it can be named properly?

It's a similar situation NB from the Hutch. IIRC the "start" sign for I-684 N is after the exits for Manhattanville Rd, and the exit from the Hutch is "I-684 / Brewster" (no number).

For now I've left both tail sections as I-684 N/S, but directions won't coincide with the road/exit signs especially in the SB direction.
[ img ][ img ]

Area Manager: Westchester County, NY (& a little slice of Fairfield County, CT)
Check out the NYS To-Do Wiki
jeberhard

Re: I-684 Southern Terminus

Postby AndyPoms » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 pm

I grew up in that area and suggest the following because it will keep TTS & directions correct...

First NYS Route 984J is the connector between the Hutchinson River Parkway & the part of I-684 that connects to I-287. HOWEVER, the road is signed I-684 (Wikipedia). This seems to indicate that the direct connections to I-287 are simply ramps. While the section that heads to the Hutch has the exit to Manhattanville Rd. I know wikipedia isn't perfect, but since the connection to I-287 is direct, keeping them as ramps won't hurt routing.

The section on the image below indicated "Exit 1:..." is just a tiny ramp similar to what I have done here at the I-84 E/I-384 E split in Connecticut (Permalink). It keeps proper directions ("Exit right at Exit 59...")

Please excuse the poor nature of my sketch.

Hope this helps,
Andrew
Attachments
I-684S_NY.jpg
(36.99 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
[ img ]
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Re: I-684 Southern Terminus

Postby jeberhard » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks for the guidance, should be all set now. I followed suit on the NB connector and created a ramp from the Hutch to the M'ville ramp so TTS will be correct and 684 starts & ends in the same spot.

Now on to clean up some of the I-287 mess.
[ img ][ img ]

Area Manager: Westchester County, NY (& a little slice of Fairfield County, CT)
Check out the NYS To-Do Wiki
jeberhard

Return to New York