Waze miles to destination off by 100 miles

Post by Scott216
I've seen this happen a couple times, the Waze app showing the miles left to go to my destination is way off. Attached is a screenshot showing 160 miles to go. When I saw this I opened Google maps with the same destination and it showed 63 miles, which is correct.
Waze.jpg
Waze Screenshot showing wrong miles to go
(143.72 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Google Maps.jpg
Google Maps showing correct miles to go
(147.66 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Scott216

POSTER_ID:3910796

Send a message

Post by dude495
Good evening! Could you provide me your starting and ending destinations so I can look into this?
dude495
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Dan B - Texas AM - New York SM - Pakistan Coordinator/Local Champ
Waze New York & NYC Social Media
New York Partnerships Coordinator
Pakistan Community Booster
iOS & WME ßeta Tester
Waze USA & Pakistan Mentor

https://i.ibb.co/2KztPb6/forumsig.png

Post by Jamie_Mc
I notice that in 22 or 23 miles, Google is telling you to go left while Waze is telling you to go right.
A couple of suggestions:

1) Have you checked the route that Waze is suggesting that you take? Move the view off your current route & then hit the Overview button that appears, or hit the Routes button. Is it significantly different to the Google route? This could give the local editors in your area something to go on when fixing the issue.

2) Maybe your "Avoid Toll Roads" setting is switched on in Waze? In the advanced navigation settings there's also a setting to avoid freeways. If either of these settings are switched on in your app, Waze might be trying to take you well out of your way to avoid them?
Jamie_Mc
Send a message

Post by Jamie_Mc
Hmm.

Thanks. I didn't notice that. And I suppose the right fork doesn't have a speed limit on the plus side of 150mph? [emoji5]

That's most of my ideas scratched off sorry. I don't think dodgy map editing could make Waze's calculations go so far off the mark either.

I'm on my mobile right now. Unless someone else beats me to it, I will send you some links on how to best report this to the Waze developers later on. (They don't usually read these forums).
Jamie_Mc
Send a message

Post by Jamie_Mc
I just noticed that this discussion has been moved to the New York forum group now. You might get some more local insight into this problem (and maybe some "me too's").
Jamie_Mc
Send a message

Post by Scott216
Not sure about the left and right directions. But if you look at the ETA for both screenshots, they are about the same: 5:13 and 5:15 PM. And Waze screenshot shows it should take a little over and hour to go 160 miles.
Scott216
Send a message

Post by Scott216
Started West Dover, Vermont. Ended Mountain Lakes, NJ.
Scott216
Send a message