Welcome to the Waze New York Editing Forum!

Moderators: delilush, orbitc, PhantomSoul

Postby jdelosa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:04 pm

We are a volunteer group of individuals who get together to keep the Waze map fresh, accurate, and the most up-to-date GPS system anywhere. We welcome anyone who is interested in helping improve the Waze map!

For discussions, we use this forum and we also use Discord to chat about the best editing standards in a live chat environment. Please join us there and introduce yourself:

Northeast Region Server

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here or in the Discord server.
JD, Brooklyn, NYC Area Manager, New York SM, NOR MSM,
Member of the NYC Closure Team

WazeNewYork@GMail.com Subject Attn: JDeLosa
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

Re: Welcome to the Waze New York Editing Forum!

Postby jkessle2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:07 pm

I have no idea how to use the map editor and it’s not from lack of intelligence or trying at least I hope it’s not the intelligence. Albeit, I am only level 1.
jkessle2

Postby firefighterdude » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:52 pm

jkessle2 wrote:I have no idea how to use the map editor and it’s not from lack of intelligence or trying at least I hope it’s not the intelligence. Albeit, I am only level 1.

Hey there! The Discord server (link above) is a great resource for beginner editors on Waze. On the Discord channel, there are countless editors who are more than happy to assist you with your questions and make you feel comfortable with the map editor. Additionally, there are plenty of useful resources for you to use. For instance, you should read about the Waze Map Editor here. This is the key place where new editors should start. Another good resource is on the best map editing practice. You can access it here. Hope this helps!
NY Based Editor | AM in Westchester County
firefighterdude
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby BKLYNDRVR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Glad I just found this NY forum!!! I have been looking for information regarding why the map will not allow users to add speed cameras. its been frustrating not being able to update the map and warn fellow Wazers' of the new 700+ cameras.

Do you know the reason behind not being able to update speed cameras in the Waze app?
BKLYNDRVR

Postby whoaitspete » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 pm

I don't know the exact reason, but I can tell you that we used to get more incorrect camera reports than real ones. There are lot of other cameras - especially in NYC - for video surveillance or other uses, and they were getting marked as red light cameras or speed cameras when that's not what they were for.
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
CM: USA | SM: NY | LAM: PA
whoaitspete
Country Manager
Country Manager

Return to New York