Welcome to the Waze New York Editing Forum!

Post by jdelosa
Welcome to the Waze New York Editing Forum!

We are a volunteer group of individuals who get together to keep the Waze map fresh, accurate, and the most up-to-date GPS system anywhere. We welcome anyone who is interested in helping improve the Waze map!

For discussions, we use this forum and we also use Discord to chat about the best editing standards in a live chat environment. Please join us there and introduce yourself:

Northeast Region Server

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here or in the Discord server.
jdelosa
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator

POSTER_ID:17054369

Send a message
Last edited by jdelosa on Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 8eedd58bf8cc44ae82bf9f41b2d79202
My address 32654 county route 194, theresa, ny 13691 shows up as 2 miles down the road from where the house actually is. The house is located on the southwest corner of star factory road and county route 194. 
8eedd58bf8cc44ae82bf9f41b2d79202
Send a message

Post by BKLYNDRVR
Glad I just found this NY forum!!! I have been looking for information regarding why the map will not allow users to add speed cameras. its been frustrating not being able to update the map and warn fellow Wazers' of the new 700+ cameras.

Do you know the reason behind not being able to update speed cameras in the Waze app?
BKLYNDRVR
Send a message

Post by c6d8a0d7f297432b846784431ca82aee
Waze directs people to a different location when looking for my business address. How do we correct this?
c6d8a0d7f297432b846784431ca82aee
Send a message

Post by firefighterdude
jkessle2 wrote:I have no idea how to use the map editor and it’s not from lack of intelligence or trying at least I hope it’s not the intelligence. Albeit, I am only level 1.
Hey there! The Discord server (link above) is a great resource for beginner editors on Waze. On the Discord channel, there are countless editors who are more than happy to assist you with your questions and make you feel comfortable with the map editor. Additionally, there are plenty of useful resources for you to use. For instance, you should read about the Waze Map Editor here. This is the key place where new editors should start. Another good resource is on the best map editing practice. You can access it here. Hope this helps!
firefighterdude
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by firefighterdude
usa_68b9gr5r wrote:I manage a local Food Pantry in Queens NY. We would like to be added to Waze to be noted as a food distribution center.

The information is as follows

Name: Kehilat Food Pantry
Address: 150-62 78th Rd Flushing NY 11367
email: kehilatinfo@gmail.com

If you could note us on 153rd st b/w 78th rd & 79th ave I would greatly appreciate it

thank you
Hi there, thanks for the post! I have forwarded this information to our New York City editors who will add it to the map. Have a nice rest of the weekend.
firefighterdude
Area Manager
Area Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by gekigenger
Good afternoon, is this where we report new speed cameras that are not on the app?
gekigenger
Send a message

Post by Hawkeye9723
Hello,

I've been using Waze for a few years now, and never knew about the forums until yesterday when I was trying to update some road closures due to some road work being done near my work in Rome. I understand why they have the mad editing restrictions in place, but I did find it a bit frustrating that I couldn't just make the update. Anyway, I look forward to being able to contribute more in the future.
Hawkeye9723
Send a message

Post by HelenFMeow8
Hi, I hope someone here can edit to add the following, concerning a weekly closure on Sundays in Jackson Heights, Queens. The block of 79th St between 34th Ave and Northern Blvd is closed for a greenmarket, pretty much every weekend. Waze doesn't show it as a closed street.

Invariably, when I drive in that area and want to go north, Waze directs me onto 79th St and straight ahead across 34th Ave, which would have me driving right through stalls of the market. This is a recurring issue, most recently this past Sunday.

The only alternative once you've gotten that point is to turn right or left onto 34th Ave, which during the day is an "open street", blocked by gates, limited to 5 mph for local traffic, and shared with pedestrians and two-wheeled vehicles. 

Better to have Waze avoid sending people down 79th St. completely. 

Sample route: from 79-10 35th Avenue to Bay Terrace Shopping Center. Best route, traffic allowing, would be via 77th St to the Grand Central.

HelenFMeow8
Send a message

Post by jkessle2
I have no idea how to use the map editor and it’s not from lack of intelligence or trying at least I hope it’s not the intelligence. Albeit, I am only level 1.
jkessle2
Send a message