Speed Cameras not reporting in Waze on Staten Island...

Moderators: delilush, orbitc, PhantomSoul

Re: Speed Cameras not reporting in Waze on Staten Island...

Postby Unix_Slayer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 pm

jdelosa wrote:You might want to suggest that your group check out nexar app.

It's a dashcam app for your phone that will allow for a shared video of your route with GPS tracking as well.

And it is very helpful to us as map editors because the image is publicly available once uploaded.

Thanks for all your Help with this.

We have been adding the cameras as quickly as we can identify there locations.

Actually I already have a Falcon Zero dashcam in my car. I've used video in court back in June for a red light camera ticket. Upon making a left turn on a green arrow, the car in front of me stopped because people were jaywalking across the street. The arrow turned red, and my car was photographed even though all 4 wheels were past the crosswalk. This is the reason I believe these cameras are faulty, and the City of NY has collected money on people that was not deserved.
Attachments
20190904_131141_compress15.jpg
(94.73 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Unix_Slayer

Postby Unix_Slayer » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:08 am

Unix_Slayer wrote:
whoaitspete wrote:Thanks! We'll add them as I or other editors get a chance. You should see some start to pop up in the app soon. Including the direction has been very helpful, as the ones that come in through the app typically don't have that information and is what leads to a delay in them being added.

If you could spread the word: It's much easier for us to add cameras if Wazers use the "Map Issues" button. If you tap that button right when you're passing the camera, that drops a report at your exact location. Then just type in speed camera and the direction (EB, WB, SB, NB) and that will help us place it quicker.

Will do.... thank you for your attention to this matter....

NEW SPEED CAMERA Southbound on Amboy Road, and Cedarview Avenue. I tried adding it with "Map Issues", but it doesn't give you a choice for Speed Camera. I tried to add it as a Speed Limit issue......
Unix_Slayer

Postby whoaitspete » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:08 am

Feel free to just use a general error. We'll see what you typed in the message box
[ img ][ img ][ img ] [ img ][ img ] [ img ]
CM: USA | SM: NY | LAM: PA
whoaitspete
Country Manager
Country Manager

Previous

Return to New York