Waze not importing addresses from google search

Post by karakis99
Waze doesn't import addresses correctly from a google search.

I'll select the "directions" option under an address when searching for a business, regardless of the browser, and then choose waze to complete the action. Every time, though,the street number isn't transferred. Waze will only search on the street and city. I have to exit and start over again using the default navigator (which works, though I'd prefer to use waze).

For example, searching for Southern Lumber will show it's address as 1402 Monterey Hwy, San Jose. I'll select "directions" option underneath the address and choose Waze to complete the action. None of the search results listed will include the number. The first search will always be the address without it, eg. "Monterey Hwy, San Jose, CA", and the rest will deviate more and more from the original address (Monterey Cir, Monterey Rd, Villa Monterey, etc).

This happens every time, and it's the most common way I use a navigation system. The result is I rarely use waze unless I know the address and enter it directly.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thx
karakis99

POSTER_ID:15738193

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I believe the problem is with the app which is calling Waze to open. It's not using the correct command or including all the info.

Why don't you just search directly within Waze with the address info? Or use the business name and city within Waze?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I go into navigate in waze and hit the voice button, part of the OS keyboard.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by karakis99
Thanks for the response.

This same command works with the default navigator, so the information is being sent. I've used other browsers just in case there was a problem with the default browser. The results were the same.

For the second part, I might try that. Usually it's just more convenient to press the search or voice search from the main screen rather than first bringing up waze. But, if I happen to have Waze already up and running I could do that, instead.

I was hoping there was a way to allow waze to take the results of a search like the other navigator without restriction. It's too bad, since I like the traffic and incident reports I get with waze.

Thx
karakis99
Send a message