Fixing UR's in NY

Post by orbitc
  • If a UR is older than a week, it gets marked as "not identified" unless it's something that is obvious and can be fixed (but just fell in between the cracks).
  • If there's active conversation going on between the reporter and editor(s), and it's older than a week, don't close it out.
  • If it's under a week old, and no one has commented on it, make an inquiry with the driver to see if they'll respond. So, leave it open.
  • If there is an inquiry and no response, contact one of the editors who have commented on it.
  • Intall and use this script to see various filtering options to show/hide update requests.

Updated: 06/22/2014
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:8359316

Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by john-cole
thanks for updating this.
john-cole
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by qwaletee
Hello everyone! Please note that New York and New Jersey have the same standards for this, but there is more detail in the New Jersey version of the thread. See here: viewtopic.php?f=249&t=71254

There is also some more detail in the Wiki, which describes the etiquette of dealing with URs and the process for solving them. There is also a forum discussion on using "canned responses," found here (samples begin around page 12): viewtopic.php?f=129&t=78759
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
I split off the recent discussion about forming a NYC UR cleanup taskforce. I also added an update about that project. You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=250&t=170574&start=10#p1282969
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by whoaitspete
We have adopted the Northeast Region UR guidelines for responding to update requests. Please review the Update Requests section of the New York Wazeopedia for specific details, as this is a shift from the previous standards.
whoaitspete
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

USA Local Champ | NY State Manager | Android Beta Tester
Northeast Region Discord / NY Wazeopedia / Waze NY Twitter