Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by qwaletee
I also got a UR on this recently. I took the opportunity to move the AREA route marker to the other side, and it seems to show up first in searches now, though YMMV.

There are really only four ways to fix this:
1) Change the way Waze routing works to recognize an issue such as this and avoid it - fat chance
2) Add other functionality to Waze to handle the situation -- I proposed this earlier, unlikely
3) Get Google corrected - failed so far
4) Move the Lincoln Tunnel segments on the map further away from Javits

The latter is probably the most readily achievable, but also most ridiculous, wrong-headed way to fix it. I would keep hammering on #3.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
AndyPoms wrote:Why not move the stop-point for the landmark -- PLACE in Waze? Also make sure there is a correct entry in the house numbers system...
See above. I already did that. The problem is that it apparently isn't the only result returned (aside from tile updates being broken right now).
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
US Champ / Country Manager | State Manager NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, RI, VT, ME, NH | Northeast ARC | Mentor | Responding to Map Issues

Post by qwaletee
Orbitc is in touch with the developers also, to see if anything can be done about this entire class of problem.
qwaletee
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message