Post by kentsmith9
Yes, we have a few workers blasting away at Northern CA. I know one more will be adding to the page today. I finished up Sacramento and we almost have San Jose complete. Still more cities in the south bay that need some SL love.

I noticed we moved up to about 57% coverage score and it looks like we are next to move to active SLs. It'd be great to have more of Silicon Valley complete since Google HQ is here. :mrgreen:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
KTCAOP wrote:If there is any other feedback to the spreadsheet, please let me know!
I see we have some entries on the right for county roads. I see the resort messed up a few entries.

I would like to propose we add a row in each county for the county roads. Give it an initial symbol like - or * to sort at either end of the list. For the city name, just say AAAA County. For the type, say "County."

Then we can have people sign up for working the roads the same way we do all the cities, towns, and CDPs. That way we can also include a link to an online list when we find and and that row will also show if someone has covered all of the road types for each county.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I'm not sure it is that important to have multiple entries. There are so many open entries available I propose if someone wants to work on a county outside of all the cities/towns/CDP in that county that they do so. We have 58 counties in California. We currently have maybe 20 active editors in the state. I think we have more than enough work for everyone to take an entire county if that was interesting to everyone. ;)

However, I don't think we should have so many people putting their names on entries just to mark territory.

If someone is working a territory now, then mark it yellow. If they would like a territory to be held for them until they catch up with it (due to limited EA), then I guess that is OK, but know that another editor who is without an open area in the sheet and has access to one with an inactive name, that new editor should be able to start working it.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
KTCAOP wrote:Alright, will try to add in county lines tonight then.
How are you doing on adding this special County road row for each county?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
KTCAOP wrote:
kentsmith9 wrote:
KTCAOP wrote:Alright, will try to add in county lines tonight then.
How are you doing on adding this special County road row for each county?

Oops, sorry about that, thought I had already done that.

[EDIT] = DONE
Excellent. Thanks
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
abc1357 wrote:With SLs launching, I am now beginning to see URs coming in for SLs being incorrect. The few that I've seen are on Fwys, which requires a L5 or L6 to update. What's the best way to get our 5's and 6's notified and then get the SLs updated? Use this forum, use the unlock forum, or use the localized Slack (for NorCal) or GHO (for SoCal)?
I think most of the L5 and L6 are on Slack for north and GHO for south. I set most of the North CA freeways, so I can respond to those.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
@KTCAOP, can you unlock row 2 on the pages so we can filter on columns I-P? Or will that open up uncontrollable issues for the sheet?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
First - Thank you very much for the assistance!

In terms of ideas - and this is purely in terms of anecdotal evidence - there are many of us that are still level 2 (though congratulations to such as deltamanx turbomkt for their relatively recent promotions to 3!) and and are therefore locked from editing the mH's and MH's. While I can edit streets, I was not aware that they were highly weighted. At least in Southern California, there are many posted ordinances in the cities that I am around where I am locked out of editing, outside of streets.

For example - This is for Irvine California - new speed limits ratified as of March.

If you would like I can set up a google spreadsheet and enter in all of the cities. However, the larger concern is that California is a very large state and we are limited to our editable areas. While I would be more than happy to drive up and down throughout the Southland and the Greater Bay Area, it is not feasible for me to do so this month (or the next couple of months) and I have had some unfortunate luck in terms of my long drives being saved. I would be interested in setting up California Mini Map Raids (map raid for California editors only) for example for - Los Angeles to San Diego Area - Central California - Greater Bay Area - Far North California.

Throwing out ideas.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
red-nax wrote:I'm an SM of GA and I'll have a bit of space around the Bay Area for 90 days now to help out with SLs. So you've got another hand on deck! Let me know how I can help.
Do you know of which particular cities within the Bay Area?

Here is a list for Oakland

Berkely

If you want me to hunt down a city, please let me know.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
kentsmith9 wrote:
KTCAOP wrote:
red-nax wrote:I'm an SM of GA and I'll have a bit of space around the Bay Area for 90 days now to help out with SLs. So you've got another hand on deck! Let me know how I can help.
Do you know of which particular cities within the Bay Area?

Here is a list for Oakland

Berkely

If you want me to hunt down a city, please let me know.
Excellent! The Berkeley list has already been addressed by the team, so that was fast.

The Oakland list should be very helpful. I'd say if you can find one of these for as many cities as you can, that would be incredibly helpful.
I shall do so here.
KTCAOP
Send a message