Dangerous Left Turn in Fairfield, CA

Post by d31415
Twice now Waze has taken me down the route of going north on Red Top Rd to SR-12 West in Fairfield, CA.

That's a nearly impossible left turn. It's quite dangerous - and it only works if someone on SR-12 East stops or slows to let you do it. You'd need a car that does 0-60 in 5 seconds to do it safely most times.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/San+Fra ... 975381!3e0

I'm not familiar with how to edit Waze. Could someone get the system to stop recommending this?
d31415

POSTER_ID:17954943

Send a message

Post by abc1357
As jm6087 mentions, that is a legal left turn. We do not remove legal turns even if they are difficult.

CalTrans is rebuilding that whole interchange between SR-12 & I-80. Maybe they'll do something about it.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by d31415
You're right - it shouldn't be removed since it is legal.

But someone add this to the difficult intersections list that the "Avoid difficult intersections" feature looks at?
d31415
Send a message

Post by jm6087
Looking at the map, this appears to be a legal left turn, in fact the only left turn allowed at that intersection, so someone in the transportation department decided it was safe enough to do. We are not able to remove legal turns for all drivers.

I would recommend reaching out to the local transportation department and seeing what they can/will do to make that turn safer or if they will remove the left turn completely.
jm6087  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ