New Speed Limit URs - How to float up higher level URs?

Post by abc1357
With the latest Waze app release today, there is the ability for users to easily and quickly tap the SL button or Map Problem button and report a SL issue (many times with no information in the corresponding UR). Some of us have started seeing a lot of reports, many of them on L3+ roads.

After validating that the SL URs are legitimate, I am looking to see how the L3+ editors would like us to float up the URs? This was originally discussed briefly in the SL forum topic, but I don't think we reached a decision.

1) post in the U/U forum
2) Go to local Slack/GHO channels

Thanks
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2

POSTER_ID:16859634

Send a message

Post by AquaZR1
Putting the request in the U/U Forum helps keep track of the request and keeps it from getting buried in Slack/GHO threads. It also allows them to be properly marked when done.
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AquaZR1
Firree wrote:I think posting in the unlock forum is your best bet for getting the unlock seen, unless we can make a list of unlocks somewhere. Interesting how waze has been gathering these URS for over a week but decided to just show them on the map today.
Yea, I didn't even see the option in my app and today they are starting to appear everywhere with dates going back a week.
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AquaZR1
greyfox-- wrote:Sounds good. ... except, where / what is the U/U forum? lol
If you use Toolbox it adds links down in the lower right that will generate the forum request for you as either an update or an unlock.
AquaZR1
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Firree
I think posting in the unlock forum is your best bet for getting the unlock seen, unless we can make a list of unlocks somewhere. Interesting how waze has been gathering these URS for over a week but decided to just show them on the map today.
Firree
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Apparently they have been able to do so through Android devices for about a week, iOS devices did not get that update.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
greyfox-- wrote:Sounds good. ... except, where / what is the U/U forum? lol
It is the United States Update and Unlock Request Forum
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
Thadius856 wrote: I think maybe there's a max distance off the edge of the screen that PLs can be pre-selected as a measure to prevent accidental bad edits, but nobody I've spoken with believes this to be actual behavior in prod, so it's current unexplained.
When you get a Permalink - it first goes to the coordinates, then adjusts the zoom, and then attempts to select the segments at those coordinates within that zoom.

Therefore if you are at zoom of 1, almost no segments are going to be selected. If you are selecting a segment off of the screen, it won't be selected.

The best way for us in California is probably to make use of a Google Spreadsheet, similar to the speed limit google sheet that was set up but rather one for yourself if you can work with a local editor that has the unlock capabilities.

Now, you are in a region that historically has had very little coverage, we are honestly truly grateful to have more editors in the Sacramento editor, because of that, we did not have many AM's in the area.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by mikebjackson
Sounds good. ... except, where / what is the U/U forum? lol
mikebjackson
Send a message