DMV storm road closure not shown

Post by AgedNerd
Yesterday, California DMV closed I-80 because of a heavy snowstorm. My friend was at Northstar/Tahoe, trying to get home to Sacramento, and Waze was routing him to I-80. Obviously, Waze didn't know the road was closed. Looking at some other postings, it appears he could not have reported the problem to Waze because to do that he'd have had to get to I-80. Google Maps also recommended I-80 routing. I don't know how long I-80 had been closed when he was working on the routing. So, I have two questions:

#1 -- Doesn't Waze automatically hook into state road status sites (e.g. CA DMV Road conditions http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/mtnhwys.htm) to adjust routing when a highway is closed?

#2 -- Is there some way my friend could have reported to Waze that I-80 was closed from his car without driving over to I-80?

Thanks.

Northstar/Tahoe:https://www.google.com/maps/place/North ... 20.1206045
AgedNerd

POSTER_ID:17391992

Send a message

cgage22
Send a message

Post by cgage22
comedigmeoutbrothaz wrote:Thanks.

Highyway 89 at Emerald Bay has been closed for 7 hours with no ETO. Can they please post that as well?
89 is still closed from Emerald Bay to Bliss State Park. It looks like there a couple markers in the map editor to identify the section that should be closed.
http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi ... mit=Search
cgage22
Send a message

Post by jemay
Sorry that the closures where not put in, but conditions change all the time on the passes.
The closures are mostly put in by volunteers. And there have been a lot of activity in California this past week!
DMV does not handle anything related to the road conditions, BUT Caltrans (California Department of Transportation) does and are connected through the WAZE CCP program.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by KTCAOP
Thank you for letting us know, I have requested a senior editor to review and place in the closure.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by KTCAOP
I apologize for the delay, I am going to send you a private message (which is a general welcome message) and at the bottom I will give you a contact to reach me at slightly more directly.

I apologize for the delay and inconvenience, just got back home from church.
KTCAOP
Send a message

Post by RussPA
You should be able to enter a closure via the app. You can find out how here.

You can also post your request in the California forum.
RussPA
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by varietallycorrect
80 is closed again. It's been closed since early this morning, but Waze is still directing everyone to 80 as though it's still open.

Can I post the closure?
varietallycorrect
Send a message

Thanks.

Highyway 89 at Emerald Bay has been closed for 7 hours with no ETO. Can they please post that as well?
varietallycorrect
Send a message

80 is back open for the moment.
varietallycorrect
Send a message