How to adjust the location of Shaver Lake???

Moderators: tonestertm, ottonomy

How to adjust the location of Shaver Lake???

Postby BDogSunny » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:13 pm

Does anyone know how to either edit or notify the correct party to move the location of the town of Shaver Lake, CA. The map/directions has it incorrectly located in a neighborhood so it sends countless cars in the wrong direction, when they are really looking for the center of town which is on the main highway. Any help?
BDogSunny

Re: How to adjust the location of Shaver Lake???

Postby DwarfLord » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:30 pm

BDogSunny, I am a volunteer California map editor with editing coverage in Shaver Lake. I was even there once a long, long time ago.

The "pin" for Shaver Lake, California shows up where you found it. I agree it's incorrect. What you may not be aware of is that Waze gets many, many such pins -- including this one -- from Google. So, it's not just Waze drivers being routed to that location, but all users of Google Maps as well. There are more Google Maps users than Waze users, I believe, so probably the majority of your problem is with the Google Maps drivers.

I believe I can improve the issue for Waze drivers, but I don't volunteer for Google Maps and am not in a position to help there.

I see you've already disabled 100% of Waze routing via some segments. This will certainly prevent Waze from routing anyone down those streets -- tourists, friends, neighbors, guests, even emergency personnel if they use Waze in that area (seems unlikely, but I don't know). But as I mentioned, it won't solve the Google problem and you may notice little change in traffic.

We volunteers are strongly discouraged from disabling routing over perfectly good public streets, so we'll want to fix up those segments. In the meantime I can see a lot of other things wrong with the Waze map in that area. Let me see what I can do on the Waze side of the house over the next week or so.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby turbomkt » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:23 pm

BDogSunny,
You've actually got the right forum by asking in the California section. I have sent a message out to hopefully get a response from one of our state managers or another editor who can handle that area (I'm in SoCal).
turbomkt
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby wimvandierendonck » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Your best bet is to reach out to your local community via https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=1440
They will have the necessary access to be able to help you.
wimvandierendonck
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Return to California