Map Place addition Fremont, CA

Post by usa_s57fj3mx
Hi,

I added 3 places (44100, 44106, 44110 Old Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA to my business complex but changes are pending and no one has approved. I am only level 1 and it says you need level 3. Can someone upgrade me to Level 3 so I can add all of the businesses in this area to the maps without having to make a request here for every change to get approved?

There are 8+ adjacent business neighbors in my complex and many more around the corner on Yale and I would like to update the maps with all of these businesses.
usa_s57fj3mx

POSTER_ID:17429750

Send a message

Post by turbomkt
Hi! I only found two places pending - Fremont Youth Soccer Club and Advanced World Products. The soccer club wasn't very complete, so I filled it in. AWP was incomplete when you started but looks pretty good now.

Once you've had enough places approved, you'll be able to add to the map without moderation. That's a lot easier than earning level 3 editor rank - it can be done in days rather than weeks/months.

It can take a while to get places approved because it's not automatic. It's done by volunteer editors in the area. We do our best, but there are thousands of place update requests across the state. There are just under 800 pending in Alameda county. We do our best, but it can take time.

So if you want to add more business, you're welcome to. The easiest way is in the Waze Map Editor. The more complete you are, the better. Don't hit Save until you have all of the possible information in the system.

If you're doing this in the app, at the location, that's also good because you can add a picture. Stand at the door and tap the report button. Then tap the Place report. Add a picture of the business, details, and submit.

When you have a few more, you can post here or send me a PM.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)

Post by turbomkt
The changes you made at that time were approved and the places were further updated. To protect places that have been evaluated, they are usually locked to 2 or 3. In this case, they were locked to 3.

I will now process the edits you made today.

These are the things to add to make a place complete:
1. Name
2. Address
3. Categories
4. Services
5. URL
6. Hours
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by turbomkt
Please take a look at the guidelines here. Adding the description of "Fremont Youth Soccer League" to the place titled Fremont Youth Soccer Club isn't going to help anyone to navigate - the description field isn't used in search at all.

In the case of Joyce He Real Estate, is this a new office location? It's not listed on her web site.
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
--Mike

Post by usa_s57fj3mx
Hi,
Can you advise why 44100 and 44106 Old Warm Springs Blvd Fremont, CA 94538 still show as "changes you submit to this place are pending moderation". In post above it sounds like you approved but when I view in Map Editor still shows pending approval.
usa_s57fj3mx
Send a message

Post by usa_s57fj3mx
Made more changes to those today and this is brutal process as a level 1 editor. I will do the rest in my complex from the Waze App with photos,etc and hopefully that will go smoother.
usa_s57fj3mx
Send a message