Spot issue and speed during traffic issue

Post by ajimmy19
Hey All, I drive 91 freeway during the day 6:30Am in the morning and back around 5pm. I checked the spot issue some area no traffic but has many spot traffic in my screen, however area that most traffic or super heavy traffic doesn't have or only one spot issue.
Another one is traffic speed sometimes is wrong. How do you fix this. I clicked map error, and SunDevil2213 has bad mood and blocked me for not very nice comment. I guess he/she work in Waze companies has to be nice if someone asked and trying to solve the problem, but unfortunately his/her respond didn't qualify as good worker in Waze map company.
ajimmy19

POSTER_ID:17874771

Send a message

Post by iainhouse
Moved to California. :mrgreen:
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by jm6087
ajimmy19 wrote:Hey All, I drive 91 freeway during the day 6:30Am in the morning and back around 5pm. I checked the spot issue some area no traffic but has many spot traffic in my screen, however area that most traffic or super heavy traffic doesn't have or only one spot issue.
Another one is traffic speed sometimes is wrong. How do you fix this. I clicked map error, and SunDevil2213 has bad mood and blocked me for not very nice comment. I guess he/she work in Waze companies has to be nice if someone asked and trying to solve the problem, but unfortunately his/her respond didn't qualify as good worker in Waze map company.
While I doubt that SunDevil "blocked" you, "not very nice comments" are uncalled for and could lead toward being blocked if the language was extremely vulgar.

Heavy traffic reports and the speed showing on the road in the app are based off of Wazers using the app and reporting information. It will usually clear up after a while unless it keeps getting a "thumbs up" The speed will fix itself when enough Wazers driver over the area at a high enough speed.

There is nothing that can be done by the volunteer map editors (like SunDevil) to remove the information from the app.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by turbomkt
ajimmy19,
Welcome to the forums. As I explained in more than one report you submitted, and jm6087 does above, map editors have no influence on what traffic or speeds you see in the app while driving. You can report traffic when it's there. This will affect what you see, as well as show up so others can see it. The same thing happens when they report traffic.

When speeds are not reported correctly or there is no longer traffic, the only thing you can do is drive. Waze will see the changes and update the map. It doesn't, however, happen immediately.

This is all what you and I have discussed and you stated you understood prior to me closing the report(s).

SunDevil2213 has not blocked you, nor has he requested you be blocked. I got involved when it seemed there was an impasse - he was running out of ways to say what he did and you continued to submit reports over something editors cannot affect.

California has an active editing community in Discord. If you would like to join us there, we can help you understand what editing is all about and try to answer any questions you have. I'll gladly answer them here as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

(Mods, feel free to move this to the California forum)
turbomkt
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 17
Send a message
--Mike
RC for Northwest Region (NWR Discord)
ARC for Southwest Region (SWR Discord)