Auburn Ravine Bridge Newcastle Calif

Post by gare2
There is a bridge being rebuilt on Gold Hill Road between Chapparal and Cedar Glenn. The "hoped for" opening is 12/20/2019. I still consistently get told to take this bridge route. I do not have any editing privileges, but I have reported the closure more than once via the app. How do we ask to have the area over the "ravine" (actually a Salmon Habitat with year-round water) noted as a bridge and that it is closed to both directions, not just restricted as noted within the website?
https://www.waze.com/ul?ll=38.89947210% ... vigate=yes
gare2

POSTER_ID:17897358

Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by gare2 on Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by abc1357
Thank you for letting us know. We depend on fellow Wazers like you to let us know of any long term closures, as we are only a small group of volunteers working to improve the map Waze uses.

The closures that you put in on the Waze app are temporary and expire after some time. We can put in longer term closures. I've put the closure in through Dec 20. Please let us know via this forum topic if the end date changes.

Thanks.
abc1357
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by gare2
Just ran this direction online today (10/3/2019). Bridge has been out for over two months now.
AuburnBridgeOut.jpg
Waze still directs over the bridge
(47.12 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
gare2
Send a message

Post by gare2
Thanks!! Great job you are all doing as "volunteers".
gare2
Send a message

Post by tpeard
This bridge is open as of today. I'm not able to edit since it is outside of my area.

Thank you!
tpeard
Send a message

Post by tpeard
Great, thanks!
tpeard
Send a message