App will not use I5, insists on Hwy99

Post by Bertbear
Yesterday I was traveling from the city of Auburn, CA area south to the city of San Fernando, CA. I simply fired off the Waze app and told it navigate to San Fernando. No matter what I did with it, the app insisted I had to take Hwy 99 through the central valley instead of the quicker I5. Even when we actually made it through Sacramento and were traveling on I5 it wanted me to take any road it could find to cross over the valley, go an hour out of my way to get back to Hwy 99 and continue south. This was quite annoying. I even tried telling it to navigate to Harris ranch (right next to I5 halfway down the valley) and it routed me down the 99 and again over an hour to cross to the 5 :?

Is there some way to choose alternate routes in the app? Is the app for some reason biased against I5?
Bertbear

POSTER_ID:16863393

Send a message

Post by Bertbear
The main reason I was going to use it was for traffic info and navigating the confusing interchanges in Sacramento. We switched over to a plain maps app for that and retried Waze once we had reached the Stockton area. We tried once more near Hwy 33 and it wanted us to cross over again, so we ended up giving up. I could have just left it in map mode but the wife was fed up by then.
Bertbear
Send a message

Post by Bertbear
Is there a way to get the app to produce alternate routes? We were unable to find an option for it, other than the obvious avoid toll roads etc.
Bertbear
Send a message

Bertbear
Send a message

Post by jemay
Sounds like there is a problem. So when did it finally accept I-5, when was the last time it recalculated and kept you on I-5?
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jemay
I traversed I-5 a little before 33 all the way to the grapevine and did not find a problem related to I-5 south bound travel...
I did a livemap and it will route from before Sacramento to the grapevine and I-5 is the fastest route.
https://www.waze.com/livemap/?zoom=14&l ... -118.92769

I know that I have seen where the first results that is returned in the phone is not always the fastest so I have always made of point to check other routes and you should have been able to see the I-5 route...
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Post by jemay
Yes, hit the waze guy in the lower left corner, then the menu window comes up, then hit Routes, It may only give you 1 or up to 3 different routes.
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message