IL-390 info (Itasca, IL - Elgin, IL)

Post by ArlenBystander
A couple of updates regarding IL-390/Thorndale Ave/Elgin-O'Hare Expressway construction:
Weather permitting, the newly re-aligned Parkside Avenue will be opened to traffic on Friday, July 1. This will likely occur in the am hours. The new alignment only allows a right in-right out access to/from Arlington Heights Road.

Please remember that electronic tolling begins on the western portion of IL Rt.390/Elgin O’Hare on Tuesday, July 5. The portions of the expressway east of I-290 will not be tolled.
I am trying to get the new Parkside Ave alignment but may not get to that area until next week.

We will want to set the Toll Road flag on IL-390 after July 4. This document indicates the easternmost toll collection point (for the 2016 phase) is at Plum Grove Rd. It looks like westbound traffic will need the Toll Road flag set west of the I-290 exit to Lake St in Elgin and eastbound traffic tolling would go from Lake St in Elgin to the point where the Medinah Rd entrance joins IL-390/Thorndale Rd. Thoughts?
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider

POSTER_ID:11731305

Send a message

Post by ArlenBystander
ruggles76 wrote:I updated Parkside Road per the plan. The alignment should be pretty close based on the plan and the aerial.
Thanks. I think the turns might be wrong though. My information indicates into and out of Parkside Ave is right turn only but all turns were enabled when I last looked at the junction. I send you a PM about it before seeing this post.

I can change it if that's easier but wanted to check first.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by ArlenBystander
Got the following from out office admin today:
Arlington Heights Road at Thorndale/Elgin O’Hare is scheduled to be closed for a beam setting operation on Saturday, January 7. The closure is scheduled to commence at 6:30 am and be removed by 8:00 pm. Message Signs have been set up to advance alert vehicular traffic and detours will be posted. Along with closure of Arlington Heights Road, the left eastbound lane of eastbound Frontage Road will be closed at the same time interval between Hamilton Lakes Drive and Arlington Heights Road to allow beam delivery truck storage.

Traffic from the Tall Oaks Subdivision (Nicole Way and Haverhill Court) will be able leave their subdivision. Residents of this area will be required to use Prospect Avenue to travel northbound or westbound.
Edit: I just got over to the editor and see a closure is already in place.
ArlenBystander
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
I was going to set the toll sections on Sunday or Monday before 1pm. That seems to be around the time cut off for tile build for Tuesday update.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
FYI, I did set SR-390 as a Toll Road yesterday and it made todays update. Shows as a Toll road in routing on app and live map. A day early is better than a day late.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by ruggles76
I updated Parkside Road per the plan. The alignment should be pretty close based on the plan and the aerial.
ruggles76
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Area Manager (AM) - Chicago Metro Area

Post by ruggles76
Confirmed TRs on new Parkside Rd intersection with Arlington Heights Rd today - right turns only in and out.
ruggles76
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Area Manager (AM) - Chicago Metro Area