Post by danhazard
ArlenBystander wrote:The CDOT map site does now include a check box to show speed cameras. I see two cameras around Gompers Park (Foster & Pulaski) and the map indicates which directions are monitored. I'm guessing speed cameras will monitor both directions so will require 2 cameras at the location.

http://www.chicagotraffictracker.com/

I believe I had a problem a while ago with the site not working correctly. I think it had something to do with Java/Javascript permissions. It's working for me in both Chrome (minimal blocking/privacy plugins) and Firefox (a ton of blocking/privacy plugins) at the moment.

For camera placement, do we know whether these are forward or backward facing? In other words, do they photograph the front of the vehicle and driver or - like the red light cameras - photograph the rear of the vehicle?
I encountered a marked one last night, looking at my route it was in the Gompers Park area (since I passed the Fosters and Pulaski intersection you mentioned. They were positioned to photograph the rear of my vehicle from the looks of it, it was pointing the same direction I was driving.
danhazard
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message