Brand new to editing, but unsure how to make a fix

Post by goblynn1013
There is a road in a gated community near my home that incorrectly displays as being connected to a highway. We discovered this over the weekend when trying to exit the subdivision and ending up in a cul-de-sac. We had to double-back to the main entrance. How do I edit the map to reflect the residential road ending?
goblynn1013

POSTER_ID:17352140

Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Please provide a permalink to the area, so we can help you specifically. What will most likely need to happen, though, is to select the cul-de-sac and drag the A or B node away from the highway to disconnect it. You'll also need to delete the junction node on the highway, but most likely won't be able to due to most highways being locked.

PS: Join our Slack team. We can give you tips and help you get started with editing
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
What roads are incorrect and in/near which city? Want to make sure this gets fixed and would be glad to help
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Thanks for the link. I went ahead and disconnected Sierra Trace from NC-8 and it should update in the app within a few days.
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by goblynn1013
I'm sorry! I thought I had this set to alert me to replies, but...oops. I'll see about grabbing a permalink. I know there's a private (gated) access for maintenance, and I suspect that's what's caused the road to be connected. Problem is, even that access doesn't connect to the cul-de-sac. lol

Thanks for the help, and I'll look at this info again after work. :)
goblynn1013
Send a message

Post by goblynn1013
Permalink to location in question: https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lo ... ueFilter=0

Sierra Trace Road ends in a cul-de-sac; while there is a short maintenance access nearby, connecting to NC-8, it's not even visible from Sierra Trace.
goblynn1013
Send a message