Residential neighborhood routing (Cary)

Post by vaindil
A user posted on reddit with this problem and PMed me with the specifics.

User's screenshot of the problem route

Livemap

Traffic is being routed through the residential neighborhood, which is a problem. I don't have any area in NC, so I'm deferring to you great people to handle it. Let me know and I'll update the user on reddit.

Thanks!
vaindil

POSTER_ID:17115814

Send a message

Post by dfortney
Hello -- I just took a look at this route, and cutting through that neighborhood is Waze's preferred route. The route is a short-cut distance-wise, and Waze's historical transit times suggest that the neighborhood route is a minute+ shorter in time as well. I also just traversed the route using streetview and did not see any prohibitions for through traffic in that neighborhood.

Note also that the neighborhood routes has right turns, so likely no delays on the turns; the route taking the more major road has a major intersection with a right turn, but no dedicated turn lane. So quite likely there could be a delay at that intersection.

Please let me know if I missed anything here.
dfortney
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jwe252
They can install signs or a gate...no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jwe252
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by vaindil
The user said the HOA has been attempting to prevent this traffic through the neighborhood but that they can only do so much. Even semis are being routed through the residential area; the way his/her message is worded indicates that it's a major local problem. Obviously we usually go for the fastest route, that's the point of Waze, but I think exceptions should be made in cases like this.
vaindil
Send a message

Post by vaindil
You're both right, my apologies. Brief lapse of judgment. :)

Thank you!
vaindil
Send a message