Faster Route through Ranson Road

Post by RoxieSpeedy
This is my first post on the forum. I have checked the Huntersville posts and have not seen my faster route posted. In the AM, when I-77 south is backed up and I have to get to Gilead Road, one of my alternate routes is to take Stumptown Rd to Statesville Rd (which is also backed up). I have found this route to be faster:

Take Stumptown Rd, when Waze advises to stay on Stumptown to Statesville Rd, I take a RIGHT on Ranson Rd, LEFT on Greenheather Dr, LEFT on Delstone Dr, RIGHT on Rosewood Meadow Ln, RIGHT on Reese BLVD, LEFT on Gilead Rd. As I do this I can see the ETA on my app shorten about 4 mins.

I hope this helps others and it can be used as another alternate route!

RoxieSpeedy
RoxieSpeedy

POSTER_ID:17520961

Send a message

Post by dfortney
Hello, I'm one of the active volunteer map editors in North Carolina. We map editors work to ensure that the streets and the turns are accurately represented on the Waze map, and then Waze has a proprietary routing algorithm that determines the best route, using historical information by time-of-day and day-of-week combined with real-time traffic information gleaned from other Waze drivers on the road.

I looked over the specific route you mentioned, and Waze is recognizing it as a potential route. At certain times of day (around 7-7:30 am), the route is a close second to the Waze fastest route, with a small difference in time between the two (less than 20 seconds). You may want to ask Waze for alternate routes as you're driving, and look at the different routes suggested. You will likely see the route you are suggesting. If the route is consistently faster than the alternatives, then Waze should learn that over time and begin to suggest it.

Please reply here if we can be of more assistance.
dfortney
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message