Help editing out rural road

Post by usa_8kwzw4gv
New to map editor, watched all the info videos, trying my best but reaching out for a little help please:

https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=u ... 341&zoom=5

My house is located just north of ID: 507562511. 580 Grace Road. The other house just south of that is 664 Grace Road. My issue is that any directions coming from the north of that location always brings people down the private drive off Federal road, junction at ID: 29450406. This is incorrect.

I have tried to disallow all turns at ID: 29450406 but mapping still does the same thing. Whats weird is that private drive doesn't even show on the map editor as a road to edit, yet directions still bring you on that road. Directions to either 580 Grace Road or 664 Grace Road (from Garner, NC or anywhere north) should keep people on Federal road until a right turn at Grace Road, then right turn up the driveway (segment ID: 507562512 is driveway off grace Road).
usa_8kwzw4gv

POSTER_ID:17622342

Send a message

Post by hiroaki27609
Hi, another editor and I responded to a few driver reports in the app and made corrections to the app to correct this. However, updates to the map don't occur until a "tile update" occurs this typically takes a few days. So what you're seeing as correct in the editor is not yet live in the app. We need to wait a few more days for these corrections to take effect. Then we can test. Will advise when the tile update occurs
hiroaki27609
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by hiroaki27609
Sorry for the briefer reply earlier, was on mobile... back at keyboard..

I re- enabled the turn restrictions you were referencing as a possible fix on Federal .. that would have the undesired effect of preventing all through traffic north and south on Federal.

The fix that is pending is, I deleted the extra road causing the issue.. it appears it was only serving a single house number, 140 Federal, and doesn't meet the criteria for driveways. https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Driveways

The road/driveway serving 580 and 664 does, however.. that's the road you can see added in the editor at this time , but doesn't appear in the App yet.. it will take a few days for a backend process "tile update" to add these to our apps..

Thanks for editing the map in this area... We can use the help in NC! Please join us on the South Atlantic Discord server . It's the community of NC editors sharing tips, tricks, and best practices for improving the map for fellow wazers

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform Thanks again for your help with the map.
hiroaki27609
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message

Post by usa_8kwzw4gv
Great thanks! That was my wife and she just now informed me (a day later) that her reply said we need to wait a bit. I was unaware and will wait. Will gladly help out as I can going forward! Spend a lot of time on these rural roads which are changing all the time.
usa_8kwzw4gv
Send a message