Missing my subdivision, construction finished back in Jan

Post by velvet74
We have a new neighborhood, but are still struggling with any company that uses Google maps for address verification, keeps telling us we have a typo.

I finally got Google Maps to acknowledge Canyon Creek Road, shown in the GoogleMap image file, but I can't get them to add our circle which is called Tower View Lane.

Waze map doesn't yet have even Canyon Creek Road let alone Tower View Lane.

We can be found at 35.43239 -79.28481. Google Maps does show the lots, most of which now have houses.

I know Google bought Waze so I'm hoping if we can get it in Waze that it'll start showing up in Google too.
velvet74

POSTER_ID:2384745

Send a message
Attachments

Post by ABelter
Hi there velvet74,

I've added your subdivision's streets and house addresses to the Waze map. It will take a few days for those to show up in the app, and another day or two after that for the addresses to make their way into Waze's search database. Fortunately, the app no longer relies on just Google Maps results for search, so hopefully in a few days we'll be able to test this and confirm your address is showing up in the Waze app.

Unfortunately the Google map itself and the Waze map are completely separate, and a few years ago Google effectively discontinued the ability to edit their map directly, so the addition to our map likely will not trigger anything on Google's end. That said, I've submitted a suggested edit for your address, and hopefully a few other editors will see this and be able to submit suggested edits as well to catch their attention. The fact that the parcels are showing on their map is a good sign that they have the necessary GIS information from Lee County, so they should hopefully see the street name and address from that source.

I'll reply back after the streets have gone live and I've had a chance to test your address again in the app!
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
State Manager / North Carolina
Traffic Event Marshal / South Atlantic Region (NC, SC, TN, KY)
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by ABelter
Hi again - I've just tested and the address is now showing up in the full search results for me. That is to say, if you finish typing out the address and hit search on your keyboard instead of selecting one of the autocomplete results, or scrolling to the bottom of the autocomplete results and clicking "More Results", it will show up.

Please let us know if you're able to successfully search for it as well!
ABelter
Send a message
Andrew aka ABelter
State Manager / North Carolina
Traffic Event Marshal / South Atlantic Region (NC, SC, TN, KY)
andrew@wazenc.us

Post by velvet74
Thank you so much!!!! Been trying most of the year to make any progress on this!!!
velvet74
Send a message