Problem reported unable to correct road locked

Post by dtanderson
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-78.86 ... s=65677032

I-95 Business N will be closed for quite some time they are replacing the bridge over the Cape Fear River. This road needs to be closed (turns not allowed or no entry). Someone has flagged it as a problem but I cannot modify it because the road is locked.

http://www.cityoffayetteville.org/corpo ... spx?id=779

Bridge Closes for Repairs Nov. 13

(Fayetteville, N.C.) – The I-95 Business bridge, which crosses over the Cape Fear River, will be closed Tuesday, Nov. 13 at 9 a.m. for replacement. The duration of the project is approximately two years. A closure will be installed.

The small bridge, which crosses over Cross Creek near Sandpiper Seafood Restaurant, will have traffic control installed so that drivers can access the Cape Fear Botanical Garden, Riverside Dog Park, the Police Training Facility and the PWC Water Reclamation Plant.

Motorists can avoid the bride work area by taking the detour route from I-95 to N.C. 24 (Exit 52).
dtanderson

POSTER_ID:26987

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
txemt wrote:I was going to try to put the road direction as UNKNOWN, but it doesn't give me that option, for some strange reason.
Setting the road direction to "unknown" does NOT prevent routing on that segment. Neither do setting the turn restrictions as the penalty for disobeying a turn restriction may be less than going around. It is best practice to disconnect the road.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
txemt wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:
txemt wrote:I was going to try to put the road direction as UNKNOWN, but it doesn't give me that option, for some strange reason.
Setting the road direction to "unknown" does NOT prevent routing on that segment. Neither do setting the turn restrictions as the penalty for disobeying a turn restriction may be less than going around. It is best practice to disconnect the road.
I did disconnect the road segments (the first thing I did). I know that setting it to "unknown" doesn't prevent routing, I was just making it a little more obvious to anyone else who comes along and sees the segment and thinks, "Oh, this segment isn't connected, I'll just go ahead and connect it." I also changed the name of the segment of road and put "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" after the street name.
Oh, OK... I thought you had just tried to set it to "unknown" & when that didn't work, went the other route... Sorry... There's a thread around here somewhere (I searched & can't find it) that talks about some segments disallow the selection of "unknown", and this behavior is intentional.

If you look in the Wiki at https://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Roa ... nstruction you'll see that it's recommended to add "CONST ZN" to the end of the road name. However, there was a recent change to TTS where "CONST ZN" stopped being spoken as "Construction Zone" an instead is being pronounced as "Const Zee En", so who knows what's going on there...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by dtanderson
The road has been disconnected at the intersection of Business 95 and Grove St. You can still turn onto Business 95 but just cannot cross the bridge. You are able to turn from Grove St to Business 95 to access the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens. The road needs to be re-attached to Grove St. I cannot change it because it is locked.
dtanderson
Send a message

Post by txemt
I went ahead and pulled the two sections (the major highway and freeway section) away from their connection junctions. I also went ahead and relabeled it as CONSTRUCTION ZONE, so hopefully that'll solve it. I was going to try to put the road direction as UNKNOWN, but it doesn't give me that option, for some strange reason.
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.

Post by txemt
AndyPoms wrote:
I did disconnect the road segments (the first thing I did). I know that setting it to "unknown" doesn't prevent routing, I was just making it a little more obvious to anyone else who comes along and sees the segment and thinks, "Oh, this segment isn't connected, I'll just go ahead and connect it." I also changed the name of the segment of road and put "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" after the street name.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
I knew that about the CONST ZN not working (personal experience and reading the forums), which is why I just decided to spell it out. I figured adding the direction to "unknown" would just be icing on the cake, but I guess not.

I THINK (and I haven't tried it nor am I going to now) if you change the road setting to railroad, save, then click on the newly formed railroad, you can change it to "unknown" then save again. Go back to that railroad section and change it back to the level of street it originally was. I think leaving the direction alone will allow it to stay as "unknown". I'm speculating about this, but I would think that it would work. Unless, entering a different street type automatically moves the road direction to a direction of travel.
txemt
Send a message

Post by txemt
dtanderson wrote:The road has been disconnected at the intersection of Business 95 and Grove St. You can still turn onto Business 95 but just cannot cross the bridge. You are able to turn from Grove St to Business 95 to access the Cape Fear Botanical Gardens. The road needs to be re-attached to Grove St. I cannot change it because it is locked.
Fixed.
txemt
Send a message