New gas station

Moderators: xanderb, crazycaveman

New gas station

Postby ControlNode » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:28 pm

This gas station recently opened. I can add the landmark, but as known this will not allow entry of gas prices. Just curious if there is a staff contact to have these things manually added to the DB and an ID associated with it or if we just wait.

I read a thread about gas stations and remember the warning not to delete ones with UPPER names otherwise the link to the gas station ID will be lost. But, don't really recall any mention of getting new stations added.
ControlNode
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ]
Home Area: Eastern NC
Devices: Samsung "GT-I9505G" 5.1(GPE); Pixel XL 9.0.0
ControlNode

Re: New gas station

Postby ControlNode » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:26 pm

I'll drive there again and see if I can now. Maybe I just tried too soon after first adding it.

Thanks for the heads to up look at the creator instead of using the CASE of the name.
ControlNode
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ]
Home Area: Eastern NC
Devices: Samsung "GT-I9505G" 5.1(GPE); Pixel XL 9.0.0
ControlNode

Postby Riamus » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:18 pm

You should be able to add gas prices to a manually created gas station landmark as long as the landmark is set to gas station. You just won't get automatic updates. It would be good to get the 3rd party updates, but that may not even be possible for a new station for some time even if Waze added it themselves. Unless something has broken in the past few months, I know I've entered prices on a gas station I added.

Be careful with the whole "upper case" thing. It's been said that upper case names should be fixed, so you'll have valid gas stations without upper case names and you may have user-created gas stations with upper case names depending on who creates them as well. It's safer to look at who created it instead. If admin, then treat it the same way they say for upper case names. If not, then not. :)
[ img ]
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on LG Aristo 2.
Riamus

Postby Riamus » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:20 pm

A couple of things to keep in mind...

• The price buttons on gas stations sometimes don't register when you tap them. I've had times where I've had to tap them many times before it finally opened the editing window.
  • In cases where the gas station was already added in the wrong location and then moved to the right location, you may not be able to add the prices from the right location. For example, if an imported gas station is 2 miles away from where it should be, you won't be able to edit the prices while at the real location even after moving the landmark to the right place. You'll have to get close to where the original location was before being able to edit the prices. There's a radius where you can edit prices and unfortunately, it appears that they are using the original location for the center point instead of the new location. I'm not sure what that radius is, but if the landmark was moved further than the radius, you can't edit it from the new location. Hopefully they will fix that at some point.

And, like I said, something may have broken recently. It's been a while since I've edited prices on a station I created.
[ img ]
Previously Area Manager: Michigan - Northern LP.
Waze running on LG Aristo 2.
Riamus

Return to North Carolina