Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

US-17 at Old Vanceboro Rd in Bridgeston

Post by ControlNode
There is a dead end road hidden under US-17 north:
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-77.02 ... s=77079641

The routing of the north bound US-17 does not correctly map to the US-17 that continues north. Guess there was a botched edit of that intersection, likely someone had a dedicated turn lane from Old Vanceboro Rd that was removed.

I would edit this, but my Editor Rank 1 does not reach it yet and I've not driven there, will next week.

Also, not. I also added a report to the map so that if someone in the editor that does not frequent the forums sees it they can fix it as well.
ControlNode

POSTER_ID:16833287

Send a message

Post by ControlNode
I am not concerned with the separate turn lane, just that likely when someone removed it they didn't correctly link the US-17 traffic through there. Based on the 100m zoom and seeing the separate turn lane clearly maybe it should be there, but that was not as important as fixing the through traffic on US-17

I just looked and it appears the hidden deadend was removed and trough traffic restored.

I will be driving that way next week and will continue to monitor the divided hwy updates in that area. One day it will likely need to be split do to turn restrictions and such. Last time I was to VA that area was still as mapped, but I've noticed some people have restricted turns at intersections where I know they were possible, but maybe that was just due to construction in those areas or the divide is further along than I thought.
ControlNode
Send a message

Post by HavanaDay
You want to see if I got this right. I saw the separate turn lanes but from your post above it seems like it should be just a normal T. Is that correct.
HavanaDay
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message