Embassies and Consulates

Post by ct13
I have been going through the DC GIS and labeling some of the missing Embassies and would like some clarification on mapping them as areas. Most of the larger embassies are stand alone buildings and easy to mark as an area, however, some of the smaller nations like Fiji have their embassies in office buildings. Do we mark the entire building as an area for Fiji or should it just be a point? The wiki says it should be an area but I don't know how to mark only the 7th floor as an area :)
Permalink for reference
Additionally, Sudan and Vietnam share part of an office building one block north of here.
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

POSTER_ID:6472831

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Its Suite 710. Its not Fiji's building, but rather a typical office building owned by an investment trust. CVS has signage on the building, not Fiji. The embassy website lists 4 staff including the Ambassador and the Chauffeur.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by jr1982jr
I expect the building to be well labelled with the place area name. This follows right in line w/ russblau's statement. If the Fiji embassy has only a floor but the building is labelled only as the embassy, I would say an area is okay though.

Russ...
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by jr1982jr
CBenson, I was not saying what the case is, but rather a "what-if". I am in no way supporting an area for Fiji. I cannot think of any embassies that occupy only a floor but have the primary signage on the building.

Russ...
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by mdswbkq
I agree with russblau.
mdswbkq
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Send a message
AM: Central Maryland

Post by russblau
My personal opinion is that, if the facility in question does not occupy an entire building, then it should be a Point Place.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message