5700 block of MacArthur Blvd

Post by mike20878
My wife keeps getting nabbed by a speed camera or cameras here. I finally convinced her to use Waze but she has not received any alerts. I checked the online map and I don't see any speed camera alerts listed. Could this be a mobile speed camera? Can someone going through the area please note these?

Thank you.
mike20878

POSTER_ID:17195585

Send a message

Post by DemoninDC
Nimbus, there is No camera on the southbound side. This is all local parking for the residents so it would be impossible to put in a camera that sits on the ground. There are no poles, so no camera there either. Since "The Other Side" option has been removed in the Camera & Hazard button section, reporting has become more difficult. Please recommend that the button be added back. Am not impressed with the button modifications with the new upgrade. Definitely not an improvement.
DemoninDC
Send a message

Post by mike20878
Apparently there is also one southbound, according to DC's list of cameras.

I was wondering why I didn't always hear an audible alert. That's interesting. I didn't think it knew the speed limit.

Thanks.
mike20878
Send a message

Post by Nimbus-
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear of her previous run ins. We currently have one approved speed camera, going Northbound, at that intersection. Would that be the one that you're referring to?

If you click on the link above, or enter that address via the app, it should display a camera icon. Our Live Map, however, does not display cameras. I'll nudge the camera and look into others in that area. Audio for speed cameras generally kick in if you are exceeding the limit posted on the camera, but an alert should still pop up within the app.
Nimbus-
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Nimbus-
I've added the Southbound camera accordingly and it may take a day or two, before appearing on the app. The thing with their website too, is that at times they'll list cameras that have been removed and/or deactivated.

Waze is currently in the process of rolling out a new feature, to display the posted Speed Limits, on each road. It's still being tweaked, but that should supplementally help too. :)
Nimbus-
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Nimbus-
DemoninDC, per the UR submitted at that location, the camera in question has been removed. The "Other Side" functionality only works on road segments that aren't split.

You can certainly make recommendations on the Waze App Feature Requests section of the forum, if that suggestion has not already been submitted.
Nimbus-
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message