Glick Court

Post by Meep----Meep
Hello,
I've attempted to add a new street (Glick Court NW) in DC. The street is only accessible by two unnamed alleys. It is located between 6th and 7th NW, between R and S NW. I am able to draw the alleys in but I am not able to make them connect to the currently mapped streets.
Meep----Meep

POSTER_ID:16568228

Send a message

Post by drdancer
That is because you need to be at least the rank of the road you are trying to connect to as it modifies those streets into segments. S street is locked to R2 and I see you are R1. I can connect those roads for you to the main one. For this new road, Glick Court is that one that is set by the city?
drdancer
Send a message
MD, NOVA, DC Editor - Rank 2

Post by drdancer
Should update on the next tile update. No worries! I am still new too!
drdancer
Send a message
MD, NOVA, DC Editor - Rank 2

Post by Meep----Meep
Yes, Glick Court NW is set by the city.

Thanks for your help! (I'm obviously pretty new at this :-) )
Meep----Meep
Send a message

Post by russblau
Welcome! You found the right forum to post in, which means you are already above average! :-)

A minor point: those new roadways that you added ought to be "Private Roads" rather than "parking lot roads" so that the street name will appear on the Waze map for drivers nearing their destination there. Also, alleys in DC have a 15 mph speed limit, which you could add to those segments.

We're always glad to have new editors join our community; for more info, please see https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Di ... f_Columbia.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by usa_mjyeet2i
Here's another speed camera. 200 Independence Avenue Southwest, Washington, DC. Found it the hard way at 32 miles per hour. This is getting a little bothersome.
usa_mjyeet2i
Send a message