New Washington DC Wiki Page

Post by jondrush
In case you haven't noticed the announcement here, there is a new Washington DC wiki page in need of editing. Please volunteer to make changes and add your Area Manager info at the bottom.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:13337

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Not at all.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by jondrush
If you change it to PLR your alleys name won't appear on the client. That's why we chose private in the beginning. The rest of the country doesn't have named alleys, so PLR works for them.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
There is a new DC Wiki page using the new State Template. You can see the proposed test page being updated by CBenson currently. Once it is updated I will move it into the primary namespace and archive the current page.

If you have any questions or concerns please post them here to discuss.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by russblau
kentsmith9 wrote:There is a new DC Wiki page using the new State Template. You can see the proposed test page being updated by CBenson currently. Once it is updated I will move it into the primary namespace and archive the current page.

If you have any questions or concerns please post them here to discuss.
I am proposing to revise the "Alleys" section of the new page to read as follows:
  • Alleys should always be mapped if they have a name.
  • Alleys should always be mapped if they are the sole access to a home or business.
  • Alleys that meet either of the above criteria should always be set to "Parking Lot Road"
If an alley does not meet the above criteria, mapping is discouraged, because it can cause problems with routing to destinations on adjacent streets.
Please post if you have any concerns with these changes.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by russblau
jondrush wrote:If you change it to PLR your alleys name won't appear on the client. That's why we chose private in the beginning. The rest of the country doesn't have named alleys, so PLR works for them.
OK, then, how about this version (belatedly)?
  • Alleys that have a name, but are not suitable for through traffic, should be mapped as "Private Roads"
  • Unnamed alleys that are the sole access to a home or business should be mapped as "Parking Lot Roads"
If an alley does not meet the above criteria, mapping is discouraged, because it can cause problems with routing to destinations on adjacent streets.
russblau
State Manager
State Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by syborg_sasquatch
Hey all. Since the DC Wiki has not been updated since its inception, would anyone mind if I take a crack at it?
syborg_sasquatch
Send a message
Chuck H. | Rank 3 Editor
Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android 4.2.2 | Waze 3.7.8
DC Wiki | MD Wiki | VA Wiki

Post by syborg_sasquatch
I have cleaned up the page and modified the default links and titles to make them DC specific. The only significant addition so far is the table outlining how each type of traffic enforcement camera should be mapped (which I based off of this thread).

I plan to do more work on it and anything I have questions on I will post here before adding it to the Wiki.
syborg_sasquatch
Send a message
Chuck H. | Rank 3 Editor
Samsung Galaxy S4 | Android 4.2.2 | Waze 3.7.8
DC Wiki | MD Wiki | VA Wiki